56- Trip to France

"We tell stories and you don't know why."

OCTOBER 1999

"Dais, this is the biggest bed ever." Theo jumps in the massive bed as we give a round tour of the apartment in Paris. It's October, which means Mattheos birthday month, and his birthday is tomorrow; all of us are here to celebrate. Meaning me, Matt, Theo, Ella, Draco and Zoe. I couldn't be happier over the fact that my two best friends are dating and being happy together, and Theo and Ella are fucking adorable together, especially now since she graduated too. Me and Mattheo are going strong, we are growing up, and I still dont know what he wants in the future. Im thinking a lot about the time he told me he didn't know if he wanted children. It hurt me, but I can't blame him. He never had parents, and maybe that changed it for him. I have always wanted children, being a mother and having a family I could call my own. But I could never see an end for Matt and me, so if he doesn't want children, I dont know how we would handle that situation.

"Darling," his arms slither around my body, and he leaves a kiss on my neck, which leaves me shivering.

"The tower had a reservation for six people around nine." I turn to face him, and him smiling a little.

"Eiffel?" He nods,

"That's amazing; what did you do to make them give us a last-minute table?" He smirks before leaning down to kiss my lips which I gladly give back.

"Matt, did you kill someone?" He only laughs into the kiss, lifting me up.

"Let me down," but he doesn't; instead, he lifts me out on the balcony.

"You are an asshole," he sits me down on the table before reuniting our lips again, ending in more than a simple kiss.

"I love you," he smiles, breaking the kiss.

"I love you too," he looks serious this time.

"No, Dais, I really fucking love you. Like with every single bone I have left in my body." My hand touches his chest; he only wears a white shirt with rolled-up arms and veins. That's all I can think about right now.

"We are a team, right? You and me." His lips meet mine one more time in a soft kiss.

"We are always gonna be a team, forever. You, me and-"

"Dais, this is amazing."

Theo walks out to us, and I sigh. He was just about to add something, and now I have no idea what he would say. Did he mean children?

"Did I interrupt something?" He asks, staring at me, but Mattheo only lifts me down, shaking his head.

"No, it's okay. We were just enjoying our view." I smile faintly, and Theo walks away.

"You were going to say something; what was it?" I ask, and he frowns.

"Was I? That we are a team?" I nod,

"But you said and."

"I did? I dont think I remember that. Is everything okay?" I suck in my lips, feeling a bit sad. I can't blame him; I am only 19, but a family in the future would mean something to me.

"No, I'm okay. Let's get ready for dinner." He leaves a kiss on top of my head.
It's
*********

"How are nineteen feelings?" Dray asks as we all have our drinks and food by the table, enjoying the birthday dinner for Mattheo as the clock turns midnight.

"I feel older; is that weird?" He stares at all of us, who have been nineteen for a while now; I get his feeling. I dont feel like nineteen; I feel like I have lived forever and that I'm ready for things people my age shouldn't be prepared for. I have seen something, my friends and I have Matt. I have a house and an apartment in Paris; what aren't I ready for?