11 - First night party

"Summer went away, still the yearning stay."

It's the first day back at Hogwarts for our fifth year, and I couldn't be more excited. Why I'm excited? Because I'm spending every day with my best friend, whom I have been away from for weeks. I'm still scared about facing everyone after so long, and I miss Cedric a lot. It's going to be hard seeing Hogwarts again, knowing he is not here with us. I see my best friend a few tables away and run towards him.

"Cinderella," he pulls me into a hug, and I smile.

"Fuck I have missed you so much. How are you? You look amazing." He stares at me, and I smile even bigger.

"I'm... good? Actually, I have been doing better lately, and I needed this summer break. I have missed you," he smiles at me and kisses my forehead.

"You need to tell me everything about your summer," we sit by the table, and I sigh. "There is not much to talk about. I mean, I only spent time with my mother," I force a smile this time, and he nods slowly.

"Have you seen their glow-up? Mattheo Riddle looks amazing," two girls walk by us, and Adrian looks at me, forcing a smile.

"Then we have that thing," I sigh.

"It's fine. I dont really care anymore. They suck," he smiles.

"I'm glad you think that way. You really are better than them, Dais," I smile.

"So I heard there is a party tonight in our common room. Do you think we should go?" I suck in my lower lip. A party would be fun. It would be my first. That means if we are invited, which we probably aren't since most people here hate us.

"Ad, the chance of us being invited is zero." He sighs.

"You are right. Well, maybe now that I'm a bigger part of the quidditch team...?" I shrug. I'm so proud of him for fighting for his dreams regarding quidditch. I can't even fly on a broom, and he makes it look so easy.

"Well, let's say that we get invited. Would you want to go? I'm not going if you aren't. I mean, a party without you would be... Scary." I hold in a laugh. A party with me and other Slytherin students in the room is probably scarier.

"I'm going if you are going," he nods excitedly, and I smile.

"Well, if it isn't my two favourite besties." I hear a familiar voice say, and I turn around smiling. Marcus walks up to us and hugs me from behind.

"Hello, Daisy. Have you gotten shorter this summer? Hmmm, Nah, it's just me who is taller." He smirks, and I shake my head.

"Did you grow yourself an ego this summer, mate?" Adrian grins at Marcus, and Marcus messes up his hair.

"Your mother made me those amazing pancakes this morning. Tasted amazing." He teases, and Adrian rolls his eyes. I love that they have grown tighter. I love that Adrian has a boy best friend, too. Even though he says I'm his number one, he might not want to talk to me about everything.

"So, gorgeous girl. Are you coming to the party tonight?" Marcus turns to me, and I look at him in shock.

"Me?" He nods.

"I'm not sure I'm invited," he shrugs.

"Now you are. Daph told me to invite anyone, so I'm inviting you two. My best friends." I smile bigger, happy that he sees me as a close friend.

"We are going, right Dais?" Adrian asks me, and I nod.

"Yeah, sounds fun." Marcus smiles big and jumps up again.