38- Broom ride

"How did we end up this way?"

"I dont understand this," I sigh and close the books in my hands. Theo gives me a sad smile before closing his book too.

"You know what we should do? Something fun," I smile. Something fun sounds really good right now. I have taken a few steps back from Mattheo over the last few days and focused on myself and school. The last part is not going so well. I hate studies, and lately, they have become very stressful. I only have one year left here; it's my last chance, and the boys know that. That's why they all try to help me study, especially Theo. He's not as smart as Draco and Mattheo, but at least he's average and I'm lower than low.

"Name something you have always wanted to do," I think. When I was little, I wanted to hang out with the guys, and here I am. I want to get married in Paris, but I'm on a break with the guy I have feelings for, so that's a no.

"When I was younger, I always wanted to learn how to fly after seeing Draco do it." Theo frowns.

"Wait, that's right. We never had that class together. Where were you? We could've clicked and been friends for ages." I laugh, thinking back at it. I think he is right. If we only had the chance.

"I had a knee problem, so I wasn't allowed to risk getting hurt, and then I didn't have to take it," Theo nods excitedly.

"Well, I could need some practice as a teacher and captain. So let's go and fly. Do you have a broom?" I shake my head.

"I can go and buy one?" He rolls his eyes.

"You rich people," I try to look offended.

"Hey! You are rich too," he shakes his head.

"Yeah, but you are crazy rich and id like for you to be my sugar mommy," I try not to laugh, but it's hard being around Theo.

"No need to buy one. I have extras in the dressing room."

"Let me guess, Daddy Malfoy bought brooms for the whole team." I walk up beside him, and he smirks.

"Hell yeah, he did," we pass Ginny and some Gryffindors in the corridor, and I smile. I haven't seen her in what feels like ages.

"Hi, babe," she smiles awkwardly.

"Hey, Daisy." They all leave, and I look at Theo.

"That was a bit weird, wasn't it?" He shrugs.

"I'm used to it," he looks sad, and I bite my lip. I dont think he likes being seen as this tough Slytherin guy who hates everyone else.

"Hey, fuck them. It's not like they are near as funny as we are." I say, and I see a smile spread on his lips.

"I'm sorry if you lose people when you are with us. I understand if-"

"If what? I like hanging with you, Theo, and if people have something to say about that, they can suck my ass." He nods slowly.

"I'm glad you feel that way," we walk down to the quidditch pitch, and Theo hands me a wand.

"Okay, the first step is to stand with your feet bellows your hips. Just like that," I do as he says, and he smiles.

"Then take one leg over the broom and make sure you have enough space behind you and in front of you," I nod slowly and try to find the right position.

"Should it hurt this much?" He chuckles.

"If you only knew how it feels for us guys." I roll my eyes.

"Looks good, we could have done it the teacher's way, but this is way more fun. Okay, are you ready?" I frown. The teacher's way sounds good, but Theo wants to do it his way? I'm beginning to grow nervous.