10 - Summer without you

"All my tears have been used up."

One week after Cedric's death, I'm in my room alone, crying. Every student got sent home the moment after Cedric was confirmed dead. It still feels weird thinking about it. He is dead. He won't come back, and I won't ever see him again. I miss him, and I feel so empty without him. I still haven't asked my mother if she knew about Voldemort, but I think she didn't. And if she did, she was forced to do it. She would never do something to hurt me. My father, though... isn't home right now, which I'm very thankful for. My father had something to do with Voldemort and the last task. Lately, I have grown to understand that I dont have to love my father. He is a cruel man who doesn't care about my mother or me. He only cares about money and his reputation, and that's not a real father to me. My mother has been very nice since I got home. I told her about Cedric, and she held me and tried to give me some food. It ended with us spending the night watching old pictures and watching movies.

I love my mother, she is my best friend in life, and without her, I dont know what I would do. She is fantastic and such a strong woman. She is going through a lot when it comes to my father, and she deserves so much better. I hope she gets brave enough to leave him one day because she isn't happy with him. It's been one year since Draco broke contact with me, and it still feels weird. Thanks to him and his friends, I have suffered a lot in the last year. I didn't think it would cause me this much pain, but it did.

I am broken thanks to them, and like it wasn't enough, they had something to do with Cedric's death. I hate them, and I dont ever want to talk to either of them again. I have one summer without their faces, and I will not let them ruin it. Finally, my mother knocks on my door and opens it to check on me.

"Hi, my beautiful girl," she smiles, and I force a smile, wiping away my tears.

"Hey, mom," she walks in and sits down on my bed, pulling me closer to her.

"How are you feeling?"

I sigh, shrugging. "Is empty a good answer?" I ask, and she nods.

"It's not the answer I wanted, but it explains enough. Can I do something for you?" I shake my head.

"No, mom, I'm okay. I just need to spend some time alone and think about things." My mother nods and kisses me on my head.

"Do you want me to call Narcissa? You and Draco are still friends, aren't you?" I begin to panic. Draco would think I would want him to come here if she did call Narcissa.

Which I dont want. "No, mom, it's okay. Draco and I are still friends; we haven't talked for the last week because of Cedric. But it's fine," my mother nods slowly.

"I'm sure he would come here in a second if you needed him." Yeah, I'm sure he would... he proved that perfect last summer.

"There is a ball in two days. Why dont you and I go there to have some fun? Malfoys will be there, and it can be a good-" I shake my head, and my mother closes her mouth.

"I'm sorry, mom, but I really dont feel like going to a ball right now. I feel sick, and I need to relax and feel better before spending time with other people." My mother looks sad but nods slowly.

"I understand. I hate seeing you like this, honey, but I do understand. Take the day to relax and get some sleep. Tell me what you want for dinner, and ill fix it, okay?" I force a smile.

"Thank you, mom," she kisses my cheek before leaving my dorm, and I sigh deeply. I feel terrible for lying to my mother, but I have to. I grab my phone and see a lot of texts from Adrian. He is worried about me, and I miss him a lot.

Adrian - Daisy

Adrian💕
Dais?
How are you feeling?
My sister is baking cookies for you
Not sure she knows what she is doing since she's 6
But if you want and have the energy I can come over with them?
I'll try them first to see if they're ok
I miss you

Daisy
hey ad
Lil bake cookies?
That's SO CUTE
tell her I miss her and I miss you too
I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind if you came over
Don't mention I asked you to come
She wanted Draco to come over and I said I was too tired

Adrian💕
agh maybe you should just tell her?
Then you won't have to lie to her
I'll come over when they're done

Daisy
My mother would only try to fix things between us
I don't want that anymore

Adrian💕
Get it
I love you dais
Oh fuck ywah
I have that ice cream u like
Want me to bring it w me?

Daisy
you're amazing ad
Yes please
And I love you too

Adrian💕
I'll be there

D R A C O
Voldemort is dead. He is fucking dead. I sit in my room at home with vodka in my hand. I just turned 15. Want to blame me? Go on. I am free from being a death eater, our plan went to hell, and I couldn't be happier. Cedric died... I saw his dead body in front of my eyes. I saw Daisy break apart right before my eyes, and all I did was run. I didn't even hug her, not that she would want me to hug her after seeing her boyfriend dead. I'm an awful person, but I'm better off without her, I think. Someone knocks on my door, and I only mumble something back. Theo and Mattheo sneak in, and I smile a bit.

"Hey, mate," Theo holds up a vodka bottle, and I smile even more.

"I'm one step ahead of you," I hold up the one in my hand, and they both smile.

"Fucking hell, can you believe we are free. Like free?" Theo asks us, and I stare at Mattheo. He never loved his father, and I'm sure he is a bit happy about his death, but he also lost the only family he had. He is like a brother to me, and I will always treat him like family, no matter what happens.

"Hey, Mattheo?" He stares at me, and I sigh.

"I want you to move in with me," he stares at me in shock, and I only take a sip of the vodka in my hand.

"What do you mean?"

"I want you to pack your things from that stupid manor and move in here. With my family and me, you are a part of us. And there is no way you are living there alone. I already talked to my mother, so dont even try to change my mind." His eyes light up, and I can see pure happiness in them. It's probably the first time I have seen him like this. Sure he is happy with Theo and me. We are like brothers. But he never showed pure happiness, probably because of his father.

"Are you sure?" I nod, and he smiles for real this time.

"Thank you," Theo smiles at the two of us.

"This is amazing, I would invite you to live with me, too, but my father is such an ass. Narcissa is so much better." He jokes around, and I nod slowly. My mother is truly unique.

"Hey, do you think Daisy is okay?" Mattheo asks after a while, and I look out of my window. Knowing what we did to her and what happened to Cedric, I dont think she is okay. There is a ball in a few days, and she probably won't even come. She is a strong girl, but no one is that strong. I stare at the vodka in my hands. It's time to forget about her for real. I'm growing up now, and I can live without her, I mean, she changes, and I dont really like the new Daisy. Next year I can just forget about her and maybe even dislike her for real. I take a sip of the drink. It's for the better.

"My father won't come back this time. The ministry made sure of it." Mattheo says after a while of silence, and Theo and I only stare at him.

"I'm happy about it. I can start from a new book now." I nod. He can. So can I.

"What are we naming this book?" Theo smiles, and I smirk.

"The worse and better versions of ourselves." We all take a sip of our drinks.

"And with Daisy, what are we supposed to do?" Theo asks, and I shrug.

"There is nothing we haven't already done, just ignore her and let her be miserable." They agree, and I continue to drink the drink in my hand.

"Fuck it, let's get drunk and forget about everything," Mattheo says before opening his bottle and beginning to drink. I only smile and do the same. Fuck it.

-----
Don't forget to vote and comment and have a wonderful weekend