16 - Christmas at home

"In the good in the world, you once believed in me"

"You fucking slut. Talk to me like that one more time, and you won't get a chance to leave the house," my father says as I walk through the doors into our home. Home, I wouldn't call it home anymore. The only good thing about it is my mother. I walk into the room seeing my father standing in front of my mother, who has tears in her eyes.

"She is sixteen, Selius. I just think we should enjoy this Christmas with her." My mother says in a quiet voice, and I bite my lip. They are fighting about me...

"You think I care if she is sixteen or five? I have work, and it's much more important than Christmas with you two. You already fixed her gifts, so what? What do you need me for?" My father says, and I gulp.

"I need you to be with her. With our girl, before it's too late, Selius. She needs you. She needs her father. Do it for her." My father stares at my mother for a second before taking a step back.

"My daughter doesn't need anyone. She is not weak. I'm leaving."

Is he leaving? Where? My mother notices me, and she has panic in her eyes.

"Selius..." My father turns around, and my mother forces a smile.

"Hi, dad..." I whisper, and he stares at me for a moment before walking out of the house.

"Where is he leaving?" My mother walks up to me and pulls me into a hug.

"On a work trip. Are you okay, my love?" I smile and wipe away a tear from her cheek.

"Are you okay, mom? I heard-" My mother shakes her head.

"You shouldn't have heard that. Your father didn't mean a word he said, honey. He is just stressed about work." I nod slowly. I know he meant every word he said.

"What do you say about drinking some hot chocolate and decorating the tree?" My mother smiles at me, and I nod.

"I'd love to." My mom and I spend the rest of the day decorating the house and drinking hot chocolate before we dress up in pjs and watch a movie in the movie room.

Two days later, it's Christmas morning. I gave my mother my gifts, and she gave me mine from her and dad. I know they are only from her since my dad wouldn't spend a minute thinking about me if he didn't have to.

"Daisy comes down," My mother shouts from downstairs, and I run down after just getting ready. I see Narcissa standing there with a smile, and I freeze. Dont tell me Draco is here too...

"Daisy, my darling, gorgeous as always," Cissy says, and I smile, walking down the stairs as she pulls me into a hug and leaves a kiss on my cheek.

"Hi, cissy," I smile, she has always been like an extra mother to me, and I genuinely love her. It's a shame I dont get to see her as much anymore.

"How are you?" She asks me, and I smile.

"I'm good. How are you?" She forces a smile.

"Oh, you know. Having a teenage son at home, you know how he is." Oh yeah, I know. I force a smile.

"I'm sorry Draco couldn't show up. He and Mattheo already left for Theo, and he must have forgotten to come here with me today." Oh, thank you, lord. She hands me something, and I stare down at it in shock.

"He got you this," huh? I take the gift and smile.

"He told me you already gave him his. Thank you, honey." I look confused at the gift but force a smile. What the fuck is going on?