15 - Halloween party

"I searched the parties of better bodies."

It's late October, which means Halloween. I didn't know much about Halloween when I was younger, probably because it's a muggle tradition. But then I came to Hogwarts and met all these people with different cultures, and now we celebrate it yearly. It's fun; you get to dress up as whatever you want. Adrian and I are dressing up as marvel heroes since it's a comic universe we have grown to like lately. I'm black widow, and Adrian is Captain America, my two favourite friends in the universe.

"Well, look at us dont we look amazing?"I say, staring into the mirror, and Adrian grins.

"We sure do look amazing, Dais," he sits down on my bed, pulls out a comic from my shelf and reads it.

"How come you have all these?" Adrian asks me looking up from the comic book.

"My mom got me them the summer Draco didn't show up. But I had to hide them since my dad hates muggles. He would have burned them up or something." I force a smile, and Adrian looks at me sadly.

"I hate your dad. He should treat you and your mom better if he wants you in his life."

I shrug. "I'm not sure if he cares if we are in his life. Honestly, I'm thinking about helping my mother escape him. They say that's the hardest part about leaving." Adrian nods slowly.

"You are a good daughter, dais. Your mother loves you so much." I smile.

"She is amazing, really," I say, smiling.

"Will your father be home for Christmas?" Adrian asks, standing up to put on his shoes.

"I dont know, hopefully not." He nods and leaves a kiss on top of my hand.

"I'm nervous since my mother hasn't responded to my letters lately. I hope she is okay," Adrian stares at me and sighs.

"I'm sure she is okay, Daisy. She is so strong, and maybe she is stressed or something?" I nod slowly.

"Yeah, maybe."

"Let's go and have some fun, okay, love?" I smile, nodding.

The common room is full of students, and I try to get myself to the drinks before I walk into someone.

"My fucking god, you look amazing." Marcus walks up to us, staring at us in shock.

"Fucking hell, dais, that body." I blush a bit and look down at myself. I'm not comfortable about my body after everything that has happened, but I can't help but feel glad I picked this outfit after his compliment.

"Dude, people will so think you are a couple." He stares at Adrian'sAdrian's costume, and I shake my head.

"No, he is here for Cassidy," Marcus smirks and then grabs my hand.

"Then let our lover boy find his lover so we can have our fun." I smile, and Adrian waves at me as Marcus pulls me away.

"What do you want to drink?" I shrug.

"The strongest you have," he hands me a drink.

"That's right." I take a sip of the glass, fucking hell, it was intense.

"Good enough?" Marcus asks me, and I nod. I see Mattheo Riddle on the other side of the room, staring at me from top to toe, and I gulp. His gaze eats me up, and I feel something in my chest as I look back at him. He bites his lips, and I take a sip of my drink as I turn back to Marcus.

"Any boy?" He asks me, and I smile, shaking my head.

"My Dais, get out there and find yourself the man of your dreams. Dont come and say that no one wants you. Just look at yourself." I smile, and he looks out at the dance floor.