28-Awkward dinner

"And when I felt like I was an old cardigan."

D A I S Y
I hate a few things more than the "I agree" thing in texting (^). There's quidditch and dinners with the Malfoy family. Unfortunately, I'm suffering with one of them now, and it's not the one on a broom. The strong scent of the Malfoy manor makes me sick to my stomach. Not that it's a bad smell or that I hate Narcissa because I fucking love that woman. But because it reminds me of what happened between Draco and me, the tension in this room is touchable.

"How is school, honey? Everything alight?" Narcissa asks me, smiling while she eats some soup.

I look up, forcing a smile and nodding, but my father kicks my leg. Everyone stares around the table as I let out a groan.

"Sorry... period cramps." My mom stares at me, knowing damn well it's not time for my period right now. Narcissa forces a smile, and Draco rolls his eyes.

"It's going well, there is a lot, but I think I'll pass." Lucius stares at me with cold eyes. The kind of eyes my father stares at me with. It's not a comfortable look, more like terrifying.

"Your goal is to pass? Didn't your parents teach you better than that? Draco here gets excellent grades in all of his classes." I gulp, looking down before nodding.

"Good for him; I'm sure you are proud" Everyone looks around as I stand up from my seat.

"If you excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom." My father's gaze burns my neck as I leave the room and a deep sigh leaves my mouth. I fucked up. I know that. But I couldn't keep my mouth shut, knowing it was his son's and my father's fault I was failing. I know I'm not the stupid one, okay, I may suck at potions, but I won't tolerate him treating me like a silly girl.

"Honey?" Narcissa walks out, smiling at me.

"Oh... Hi, I'm sorry... I needed some air, and I didn't mean to ruin-"

"Oh, dont apologize. I'm the one who should do that. Are you okay, honey? I haven't seen you in ages." Narcissa walks over to me and plays with a string of my hair.

"I'm good... Its a lot going on right now. I know I should have sent you a letter or anything, but- I'm sorry." She smiles sadly and nods slowly.

"Your mother told me about your struggles with food. I'm so sorry, honey. Draco never told me anything. You probably told him not to, and I understand that. Have a seat," she points to the stairs, and I nod slowly, sitting beside her.

"When I was your age, I struggled with food too. I had this reputation to keep up, dating Lucius and everything. But deep inside, I hated how I treated people. So I wouldn't allow myself to eat, it started with skipping breakfast, and then it affected me badly. When I then met your mother, I changed. She helped me a lot. So when we found out about you and Draco, I promised myself I wouldn't allow you two to ever feel like that. Especially not you," she sighs, and I suck my lip. It's not her fault what Draco did. Cissy is an amazing mother who truly cares about Draco and me.

"You are like my second child. The daughter I never had. I love Draco more than anything. And I love you too. You can talk to me if anything is going on in your life. I know it's scary talking to us parents, but see me as a friend or the cool aunt. I want to be able to help you." I smile slowly, wiping away the single tear on my cheek.

"Thank you, Cissy, it means a lot." She pulls me into a hug and kisses my cheek, and I catch Draco standing in the doorway.

"Uh- the dessert is ready. I dont want the ice cream to melt." Narcissa chuckles as she stands up, fixes her dress and walks towards her son.