29- The truth comes out

"I wake in the night. I pace like a ghost."

"Mattheo," I walk over to him, sitting with a few friends, none of them being Theo. My hands shake, his eyes meet mine, and he stands up from the table.

"I'll talk to you guys later." He grabs my arm, pulling me away from the others.

"Are you okay? You are shaking." He looks down at my hand before capturing it.

"It- Theo," he gulps before looking around.

"You didn't...." I shake my head, wiping away a tear. I'm scared as fuck. I didn't leave the party to go and see Theo. Instead, I locked myself up in my dorm, and Theo found out the truth this morning.

"Did he ask you why?" I nod slowly.

"He knows... He knows everything." Mattheo looks at me in shock, licking his lips.

"Oh? Im- How did he react?" I take a shaky breath and lean against the wall behind me before handing him my phone. He stares at it, reading the texts over and over again.

"Dais... This- he will tell Draco," I nod slowly. He hands me my phone before grabbing his.

"I haven't gotten a text yet, but I'm not sure Theo would keep this secret to himself. It's not your fault. You didn't do anything-"

"I lied, Mattheo," he shakes his head.

"The fuck you did. And even if you did, we all deserve that after what we put you through, so dont fucking dare blame yourself for this." He stares at me intensely.

"Remember what I told you in the bathroom?" They will find out...

"I do. I just didn't expect it to go this fast." Mattheo looks down.

"I meant the part when I said I would be by your side when it happened." His voice is calm. On the other hand, mine is shaky and close to breaking any minute. I'm more terrified of what Draco will do when he finds out. I did nothing wrong, yet I'm scared as fuck.

"Daisy, they won't touch you. I know what has happened between us, but they would never, and I mean never. Hurt you physically or even touch you. And im there for you. You might not believe me, but I am." I nod slowly.

"I do believe you. I just feel like I hurt Theo..."

"Like he hurt you?" I stay quiet. I know Theo hurt me, but that was before I got to know him. Now? Now he is different. He is like me.

"I know you and Theo... Got close. And I can see why, you're both so nice and relaxed. Maybe he will put the past behind him one day and see that."

I look up, seeing him bite his lip. "I'm sorry... This will put you in problems and-"

"And I dont care. What I did to you was my biggest mistake, and I want to prove that to you, Dais. I li-" He stops and gulps, and I freeze. He what?

"I like that we put the past behind us, but I still hope you will trust me one day." Oh... I force a smile, feeling a bit disappointed. I dont know what I expected him to say. Maybe I thought he liked me more than a friend. Maybe I read the signals wrong.

"Yeah... me too," he smiles at me, and I stand up straight.

"I should go and talk to Adrian. I'll talk to you later?" He nods, and I smile before walking past him through the corridor.

"Wait... Daisy," I turn around at his voice, and he stares at me intensely.

"Yes?" My voice is shaky, and I am nervous about what he will say.