7 - The date

"I've been giving out chances every time and all you do is let me down"

"Are you sure you are okay? If not, we can just go back to the hospital wing and-" I stare at Adrian with a smile. This morning, I left the hospital wing after Madame Pomfrey ensured the potion didn't hurt my body. It made me faint, and I couldn't get the stupid scent out of my nose, but it was fine.

"I'm sorry, I'm just worried, and I dont want you to go around feeling sick because of something those stupid guys did to you." I nod slowly. I understand him, Draco Malfoy spilt Amortentia all over me two days ago, and I still can't believe he did it. They hurt me every day, but this was a shock for me.

"So you smell something?" I nod, sighing.

"Yeah, I can't get it out. It smells, and it's so fucking strong, you dont understand." He shrugs.

"Yeah, I can smell it too. Have you showered?" I stare at him, if I have showered?Only about five hundred times.

"Okay, dumb question. Well, who did you smell exactly?" Who... I wish I could say I only smelled one person. Dont get me wrong, I smell Cedric, that's for sure, but he's not the only one I can smell right now. The scent of green apples and mint is buried in my nose, and I only know one person who smells like that. Draco Malfoy. I'm not sure why I smell him. I thought I was over him. It was only a stupid crush, and I think it was because of our friendship.

"Hello? Tell me who you smell. This is the best gossip I have ever heard before. I'm sure he is handsome," Adrian smirks, and I roll my eyes.

"I dont smell you, not even close." He shrugs and blows me a kiss.

"I know you love me. I dont need some stupid potion to prove it." He pulls me closer to him, and I smile. To say that I love him would be an understatement.

"Dont look now, but I think lover boy is on his way here." I look up, seeing Cedric walk towards us with a worried face, and I force a smile.

"Dais," he pulls me into a hug, and I relax in his arms.

"Hey, Ced." He pulls away to look at me, and I hope I dont look like a dead rat after this hospital visit. Fuck I probably look dead.

"Are you okay? I heard what happened." I shrug.

"I am better now, although I prefer not to relive it." He shakes his head and kisses me on the cheek. We are in the great hall, and people stare at us from every table. I really dont like this attention.

"I hope they get expelled after what happened," I shake my head. I have a hard time believing they will expel them for this or for anything.

"I'm okay, Ced. No need to worry anymore, I promise." Cedric looks over at Adrian, who shakes his head.

"She is unselfish," I glare at him.

"I'm not? I can be selfish a lot." He doesn't believe me, so I give up, and Cedric smiles. There are two weeks left until the last task. The task that is supposed to be the most important and dangerous. I'm terrified that something will happen to Cedric, and I'm not sure what to do if something happens. I feel something for him, something strong, and that terrifies me.

"I actually want to ask you something," Cedric sits down with Adrian and me by the Slytherin table, and I grab lunch.

"Sure, go on." He looks at me.

"Would you like to go out with me, like a date?" I stare at him in shock. Of course, I'm not shocked that he asked me out. Obviously, we have something. It's just that I have never been on a date before, and it's quite shocking to get that question.