4 - Hogsmeade visits

Chapter 5 is up too!

"I hosted parties and starved my body."

Four months later

My body feels numb and tired, and I feel like my own villain for not eating that bagel this morning. It's for my own good, but it's not for me. It's for them. I thought it would end by now, it's been six months since we arrived at Hogwarts, and I didn't think that Draco and his friends would continue to treat me like this for that long. But a few months ago, it exalted. My father told me to lose some weight, not that I needed it. I'm not unhealthy in big or unhealthy small; if any, id says smaller. But I have never cared about my body or looks before, as long as I'm healthy.

After that day, I looked at myself in the mirror for an extra long every morning, and after dinner, I went out on the run. Adrian started noticing this behaviour and thought it would be good for me to talk to someone. I ignored what he said and continued my routines behind his back. It all ended with him sending a letter to my mother.

Yeah, she met him this Christmas. It was fun, my dad wasn't home, and Adrian came by to leave his gift, which ended with him staying for dinner and then for the night. It feels nice having someone like him, someone who truly cares. My mother took my behaviour seriously, and wanted me to see a doctor. It got better after that, until one day. The day I got a note asking me if that donut I ate that morning was needed and that a green apple was better for someone like me. Someone like me. I know who sent that note. It was obvious. Draco Malfoy is the king of green apples, and he would do anything to hurt me. He and his friends sent that note and laughed about it the whole day.

That was four days ago, and now I'm with Cedric walking towards Hogsmeade. Cedric and I have gotten close lately, which feels good. He isn't that bad, and I think I blamed him for being a douche with girls around him too fast. He is nice, and he cares. Maybe I'm starting to feel something for him. I'm still not sure. We really dont get to spend much time together since he is the Hogwarts champion in the tournament. I dont even want to think about it. It's scary and dangerous. Cedric's hand touches mine, and he smiles down at me.

"It's a bit cold, isn't it?" I shrug. It's only the beginning of February, which would explain the weather. His smile makes me warm, and he pulls me closer to him. "Now I feel better," I blush and try to hide it from him.

"Are you nervous about the next task?" I ask him as we walk toward the little town. It's still snowing, but not that much. It's nice.

"Nah, I think you are more nervous than me." He smirks at me, and I roll my eyes. Of course, I am nervous. He is my... Friend? At least, I think he is.

"So, about the tournament." He says, and I listen to him, but my gaze is on the three boys in front of us. Please don't notice us.

"Daisy, are you listening to me," He asked, and I stared at him, confused. I zoomed out again.

"I am sorry." He looks confused and then over to the boys in front of us.

"They won't hurt you, not when I am here." I love him for trying to help me feel better, but even if he is older than us, the boys wouldn't be afraid of a Hufflepuff. That's the way it is. I can't even see them talk to a Hufflepuff student as long as it doesn't contain bullying.

"Daisy, dont mind them. They are losers." I nod slowly and force a smile on him.

"You were going to tell me something about the tournament." He nods and smiles, and we walk closer to the boys.

"So there is a ball coming up, and everyone needs to have a date for this ball." A ball? I love dancing and music, but I'm not sure a ball in public would be the perfect thing for me right now.

"So what? This ball is going to be at Hogwarts?" He nods, and I shrug. Maybe it would be fun.

"I wanted to ask you something about this ball," Cedric says, and I look up at him, nothing him already staring at me. Oh? He wants to ask me out?

"Do you maybe want to be my date?" Cedric Diggory's date at the ball is every girl's dream. Including mine. I like Cedric, but being his date has never been my dream. Not until now.

"What do you say?" I nod, smiling, and he sighs in relief.

"Good, I dont know who I would have asked if you said no." I smile faintly. He only wanted me there. That feels good. It means I must do something right.

"There is just one tiny thing you need to know about being my date." I smile. What could it possibly be?

"You must dance with me in front of the whole school." I gulp. Excuse me? I try to imagine the whole school watching me dancing with Cedric Diggory, but it makes me want to faint. I can't do that, not when everyone here hates me. They will make fun of me.

"Ced, I dont think I can do that. I want to be your date, but I can't dance when everyone is watching." He nods, understanding.

"You will look gorgeous, and I will be by your side. If anyone says something, you have us boys, and no one will dare to make fun of you when you dance with the tournament champion." What did this guy eat for breakfast? An ego boost? I smile at my joke, and he frowns.

"Okay, ill do it. I would love to be your date to the ball." He pulls me into a hug and thanks me over and over again. The three boys standing close to us start whispering, and I feel uncomfortable by the situation. Please just let me be.

"Hey, Diggory. Stay away, or you'll get some weird sickness." Draco says, laughing, and Cedric glares at the three boys. Some weird sickness. The only sickness I have is the one they make me feel. I dont blame myself for what happened anymore. I can't remember anything I did wrong, so probably their fault and not mine. That's what Adrain told me. Now I'm just working on ignoring them and getting stronger. I'm not sure if it works, but at least I'm trying.

"Shut the fuck up before Ill make you," Cedric says, and the boys look at us in shock, not expecting him to say anything back.

"Bro, we were only joking,"Theo says, not smiling or anything.

"You think it's funny, huh? I dare you to look at her one more time, and I'll make sure your balls are smashed like the great halls potatoes. You understand?" The boys nod slowly before walking away, and I smile to myself. It was the first time they truly walked away from me and got scared. I have Cedric to thank for that. I'm not falling for him. I can't be. If something happened to him in the tournament, it would break me.

"Sorry for that. You didn't have to help me," Cedric shakes his head.

"Don't apologise for pigs. I'm here for you, and they can suck their own asses." I nod slowly, and he lifts my chin up.

"How about we get some butterbeer? You are cold," I nod in agreement. A butterbeer could be good right now.

Cedric walks off to buy butter beer, and I stay in the corner of a shop, staring at a beautiful dress for the ball.

"Looking for a dress, Scott?" I turn around to see Draco smirking, and I feel my heartbeat. What does he want from me now?

"I'm not in the mood to talk, Malfoy." He looks impressed but grins and takes a step closer to me.

"So you and that Hufflepuff boy, huh?" I roll my eyes. Of course, he has to make fun of Cedric and me. He is a loser.

"It's none of your business, now. Leave me alone." He rolls his eyes and grabs my arm, and I groan in pain. My scars from a week ago burn. It started with my father's grip on my arm but then escalated and ended with me hurting myself. I dont do it anymore. It was dumb of me. Draco looks down at my arm in shock and then up to my eyes. He knows, fuck. He lets go of my grip, and I expect him to say something stupid, but he only walks away, and I stare at him in shock. What did just happen?

Cedric walks up to me with a smile on his lips and hands me the butterbeer. "Hey, was that Malfoy talking to you?" I force a smile and shrug.

"Dont mind it. He was just walking by." He nods slowly.

"Want to take a walk and then return to the castle?" He pulls me closer to him, and I smile.

"Sure," I relax in his arms, and we walk out of the store.