Preparation is Key

Dream?
June 7th
I’m in a deep forest. Up ahead, I see what looks like a man-made pond. It’s glowing. I approach and see natural carved steps covered in moss and steam rising up. The air is cold, so it must be a hot spring of some kind. I sit on the edge, enjoying the pace and heat coming off its surface. As I look into the water I see a ledge that can be sat on. I see the moon reflected in the water and look up.
Wait. I look down again. That’s Earth’s moon. I look back up through the hole in the tree’s canopy. THOSE are NOT Earth’s moons! They peak overhead and the light intensifies. I’m blinded for a moment.
“Come, rest your weary heart and be healed.” I opened my eyes and see a humanoid woman standing in the middle of the hot spring… On the water. She’s beautiful.
Her sharp features are delicate somehow. Her ears are as long as her graceful hands, pointed, and look like thick rose sepals, just smoother. She’s around 5’7” and has the body of a dancer. Her eyes are the perfect almond shape with the outer corners slightly upturned. The whites can hardly be seen, and the large pupils and glowing lavender irises take up most of their surface. Her skin looks like dark teak. It’s even patterned prettily like bark. Her wavy hair nearly touches the ground. The color seems to shift through a rainbow of light purples, blues, pinks, and silver.
She is ethereal. She looks like she’s part of nature and part of the celestials at the same time. Her voice is a soft and soothing melody. Her gown is draped, almost in an elaborate Grecian style. It looks sheer and like it would float away at any moment. It shifts like water and glints silver and gold in the moonlight.
“Your heart bleeds blue. But in time, its wish rings true. Be ready Princess.” She winks and smiles gently before looking up and dissipating. I sit on the ledge of the… Well, I’m not sure what to call it. I feel the urge to touch the warm glowing water. I’ve almost caressed the surface when I feel like I’m being pulled away. The pain that had eased up crashes back into me.

Sunday
June 8th
9:00 AM
I sit up swiftly, gasping for air.
“What a beautiful dream. It seemed so real…” I long for that bliss to return. I shake off the odd feeling and stumble to the coffee pot. Coffee. Now. I groan when I can’t get the pod in straight. I let out a growl and slam it in place.
I feed Nimuë before sitting down to my cup. I woke up too late to call Mum, so I just send her a text so she can call me this afternoon or evening. She can never sleep past 4:00 AM or 4:00 PM my time. It takes 2 hours to eat and get around for the day. It’s a struggle. I’m not a morning person. I love my late nights.
Shops are closed today. They always are on Sundays here. Today is just a day for us to relax and explore the city. We explore the parks and find out where various shops are located. By 9:00 PM we are exhausted and crawling back into bed.

Dream?
June 8th
I’m pulled back into the same dream and the same pain has eased. The woman from before is sitting in the hot spring.
“Hello, again Princess.”
“Hello. Who are you and what is that? I don’t mean to be rude, but this dream confuses me.”
“Dream? Oh yes, but that’s what you must think. I am Faemála, The Dream Traveler, and this,” she puts her hand on the edge of the moss-topped and flowered ivy-surrounded stonewall, “is one of many moonlet healing springs. Many people call them many things. They all translate to moonstone spring.”
“Moonstone?” I see the water glow and look closer. The inside is all natural moonstone. The tiniest bit of light reflects and moves making the water's glow intensify.
“Yes. This is my wood, my home. At least, what I’m showing you, for now. There’s more, but you're not ready.” I laugh a little. “What’s so funny dear?” She says in an amused tone.
“This dream. It’s so realistic. I’ve had them before, but this one beats them all.” I say looking around.
Bioluminescent plants dot between the trees. It’s beautiful and different. One species of the trees looks like an Evergreen, but the needles are deep blue with a purple tint. The bark is a deep gray. One bioluminescent Lily looks like a light coral pink, double-bloomm lycoris squamigera (Resurrection Lily). There’s a carpet of emerald Ivy similar to hedera helix (English Ivy) with black-centered cobalt flowers, close to centaurea cyanus (blue flower/blaue blume). They are spread in patches like blankets over the forest floor.
The moons overhead overlap each other nearly perfectly. They seem to have a different alignment than last night. The flowers surrounding the spring and climbing up its short wall of stones seemed to mimic them. The back moon is larger but smaller than earth’s moon. It’s a silvery blue with impact craters. The inner moon is about 2/3 the size of its companion. It looks planet-like with patches of green against a backdrop of mostly blue, and a red spot?
The flowers have a silvery blue base similar to Ipomoea Alba (Moonflower) and just as large. It’s center flower looks like Pomea Nil Blue Picotee (a kind of morning glory) in deep blue and a forest green inner star. Absolutely beautiful.
Faemála Watches the direction of my gaze and how I examine every little thing. She stays relaxed with a pleased smile on her face. The sweet floral, savory herbal and sharp musk of the forest and clearing are pleasantly overwhelming.
I see a café style patio set not far from the spring and go to investigate. It seems to have grown from something similar to a rose bush or thick vine, but it is hard as steel. It’s a grey driftwood color, no brown. It’s beautiful and, surprisingly, very comfortable.
I stopped my exploration when I look at the sitting garden and labyrinth beyond. The scents and sight are familiar. The benches within the small labyrinth are the same delicate wood as the table and chairs, but that isn’t what’s familiar. I just saw those after all. It’s the plants.
Rosa Boscobel, Munstead Wood, and many more of the most fragrant roses make up the walls. There are archways of lonicera albiflora (white honeysuckle) seen every so often. I can see an ivory gazebo roof with a gem glowing at its peak in the center of the labyrinth. I can see bits of wisteria sinensis hanging from the visible posts and top border.
I go back to the spring. Of all the things growing here, I want to know why she has my favorite plants in her garden. I carry the seeds of over 100 species of plants with me at all times. I have all of these in my pack. I sit on the ledge, staying to the steps so I don’t hurt the flowers. The moss growing on the ledge and stairs is thick and durable, making it comfortable.
“The labyrinth?” I say in a questioning tone.
“Ah yes. The path you tread belongs to those thought dead. Each a gift, all they own. Harried hearts, welcome home.”
“Of course, my subconscious mind would have to speak in riddles. I guess all of this is just my mind wanting to escape and provide comfort. There are no real answers.” I sigh as I look at the image of the earth’s moon on the spring’s surface. “Just my overactive imagination running away from me.” I go to gently stroke the water's surface.
“Is it now?” I look up at Faemála Just before the same feeling of being pulled backward returns. I bolt upright in bed gasping again.