All Will Be Right

Dear Journal,

We celebrated me becoming a first level lereía the entire day. Normally, friends and family would gather to celebrate for an entire week. I want to wait until the others are back. Hopefully, that will be tonight. When I get back to the living world, I’m sure my family and our company will want to celebrate too.

I can’t believe six months have passed. I am still too young to be taught more. If it isn’t directly connected to the skills I have already developed, I can’t learn until after my birthday. My body is still too young for the powers I have. Adding more would be harmful.

I’m staying at thirty minutes, tired or not. Ijt’aku Dez says that you have to pace yourself during training. We noticed the number of quills increased without me trying to control them. I’m up to seventeen today! The hope is that we will discover how many I can control at once by keeping to thirty minute sessions.

I’m going to rest. As soon as these prophecies are complete, I can enjoy time with my family.

~Lía~
*

Eír

“Look at her Ghaz. Our sweet vaní.” I stroke the hair from Lía’s face and caress her cheek. Her perfect dark skin and shining arjun hair make a striking contrast. Her tusks are tiny and adorable against her pink lips. They’re the color and softness of Faemála’s peonies.

“She’s perfect. I’m glad she looks like you.” He chuckles and kisses behind my ear. “I’ll have to leave soon.” He hugs me sadly. I pat his arm. “I know, I know it’s only for a time. I don’t want to lose you again. Lose her again.”

“Shh, Shh, Shh, Shh. We won’t lose her. We will find you again. They promised to guide us. I’ll watch as long as I can. Faemála says I can stay here until my time comes.” I turn and gently kiss his cheek. “Remember what they said. She needs us. She needs family.” He puts his forehead to mine and nods. She is one of many who will lead the future and maintain the balance.

I feel Ghaz’s worry consume him. He never has been one to stay calm when it comes to his loved ones. There’s only one way I’ve found to calm him. I take his hand and pull him to our room. It seems I need to remind my hayati of my love and what we’re fighting for.

Faemála

I try not to giggle as I watch Eír drag Ghaz to their room. Thankfully, it’s soundproofed and has sturdy furniture. Reveníre tend to be loud and destructive when showing their affection. In a few weeks Érishu Tí time, he will be transferred to his reincarnation’s body. It will be about twenty-five years before they can be together again. I plan to give them as much time together as possible before he leaves.

Reveníre souls aren’t placed into their bodies until four weeks before their due date. It’s too traumatic for young souls to die often. Miscarriages are hard on the families as is. Letting an innocent experience death so often is torture. Some don’t allow souls to enter the body until they draw their first breath or breath equivalent. It depends on the planet and their deities.

When I told Eír and Ghaz, they were relieved. Their son hadn’t received his soul yet when they were mụrdered. He will be born to them eventually. It was meant to be. I requested the En’rux’kulu let them stay here until their time came. They felt pity for me being alone for so long and allowed it. It will be a test to see if my realm could be a weigh station for those who are to be reincarnated.

Reborn and reincarnated are two different principles. People often mix them up. To be reborn means a soul has a clean slate. No memories of its past life, experiences, or personality. All pieces are reunited, wiped, then remolded and separated to begin again.