Dear Journal... ~Lía~

*Faemála’s Realm*
1 Enhanced Week Later

Lía

Dear Journal,

Meeting my parents has been the greatest blessing I could ask for. We were given three days to ourselves and soak in the healing spring. Hyun has been a delight. Everywhere I go, she sits on my shoulder and hides in my hair. Ijt’aku said sweet creatures have always been attracted to me. Miwt’aku says they even helped hide me until she could leave with me.

On the fourth day, thirteen others joined us. Five are khem reveníre, 2 dehin and 3 vanit’a. The other eight are oracles from other races. Half of them are gender neutral, 1 is Vanit’a, and 3 are dehin. They are my teachers, and they vowed to help “power me” during the writings of the prophecies. I’m not sure what that means.

We were given another three days to get to know each other and let me soak. None have given their names yet. They asked me to call them “my Lady,” “Sir,” or “Ancestor” until they are comfortable giving their names. Bad things can happen if the wrong people know their names. They are weary of everyone and everything.

Before Isilmëmírë was formed, our kinds were hunted, used as slaves, abused in horrible ways, used as sacrifices or for nanú, and mụrdered in terrible ways. I found a book when I was very little on khem reveníre and made the mistake of reading it. It was a secret history of our kind. I was terrified. Ijt Dez locked many books up after that.

They seem to enjoy watching me with my parents and the creatures. The whole first day they were here, they didn’t smile. On the second, Hyun had the idea to try riding on the parrot that curses. I’ve never heard the profanities, but they had, and they were laughing with tears in their eyes. Hyun quickly ran to hide in my hair and yelled at it while shaking her tiny fist.

Faemála pulled me aside later that day and showed me something Cara’s friends brought. They are tiny colorful sacks that expand when filled with air or water. We filled them with water and hid them all over the garden while everyone slept. We ambushed them when they found a bucket and had a fun “water balloon fight.” They relaxed afterward. I still haven’t discovered their names. I will eventually.

Today, we begin meditation lessons and breathing exercises to focus my energies. It may sound simple, but there is a lot of chaos within me. Faemála also has Miwt’aku Eír, Ijt’aku Ghaz, and I in “family counseling.” We have a lot of hurt, and I have a lot of questions needing answers.

I’m glad Faemála has given me this journal during our morning session. I’m afraid I will forget them when I leave here. She says I won’t, but I’m scared. I want them to come back with me. She told me it was impossible. They must be reborn after a time.

That time is coming soon for Ijt’aku. I don’t want to lose him. I overheard the others saying Miwt’aku would be reborn to me in seven years. It gives me hope for the future. I’m just not sure if I could be strict with her knowing she once birthed me. I will find Ijt’aku and keep them close. When the time comes, they will finally have their life of happiness.

~Lía~

Dear Journal,

It has been a full week. My training is going quickly. I believe having my parents here and the counseling with Faemála has helped immensely. Cara’s friends have not been back. Faemála says she controls time here, and they will not be back until my training is complete… IN SIX MONTHS! They will be able to stay with us and help tend what is needed while we work.

For the next month, I will be training physically. They say I need to be in peak shape. I am fearful. My stamina is low, and I have a feeling that will not be easy. Pray for me. I’m not sure I will make it out of this alive. If I do, I will write again tonight.
*
I was right. They’re trying to kill me. I will die here and be dragged back to the laughing En’rux’kulu. My parents carried me to the spring to heal, but my backside is still twitching. Make it stop. *cries*