Visitors and Fairy Tales

Dagdh'a'vaní 7th
Taníyn'Nëlalaō
00:27

~Cara~

I said it while staring off, thinking about the Hang Son Doong caves. I focus and realize they're giving me a strange look.

"Not everything is explored or discovered. From what I'm told, the Ferals and creatures guard a lot of land. Then there's the depths of the oceans, cave systems, and constantly changing formations that support life. We don't know if groups of people are hiding or what other races are out there. Do you?"

Realization dawns on them. It's entirely possible for a group of these Ogdoä to be in hiding. Conversation starts about trying to determine where they could be and how to provide them with support. Four groups of Ferals were taken out, and the land made safe in the past year. It by no means put a dent in their populations. Their descriptions and drawings of the ferals remind me of earth's trolls, ogres, basilisk, and chimera. What are the odds?

We were attacked by chimera, ogres, and some kind of tiny creature that follows larger creatures to hone in on their kill. By themselves, they can hurt people, but they aren't able to kill. A small child, maybe. They cause a lot of pain and distraction, so the larger creatures can kill. They then feast on the entrails of their victims.

The worst part is, they're really cute! They're a cross between a fennec fox and a bilby. Just add razor-sharp teeth, cute little fangs, and a neuro toxin that causes searing pain. They simply call them chuloma (bush tail). Nothing like our bushtails!

"What do Ogdoä look like?" I wonder out loud.

"Oh, just a moment. I actually have a book on them!" Lía runs to our tent. She comes back with a thick dark blue leather book. "Chapter nine. This is a history on lost races of our world." I open it up and am absolutely shocked at WHO I see on the pages. I hand the book to Amanda.

"What the... why do they look like... I... just..." I laugh. She's so flustered!

"What are we missing?" The Captain asks.

"In our world, several religions have blue deities. They look a lot like these people." They vary in appearance, but they're all blue with humanesque bodies. A few look like Vishnu, Rama, Shiva, Amun, and many more. They nod and look to be considering the information.

"It is possible... no."

"Tavi? Tell me." I want to know.

"We already discovered some of your people have made their way to our world. Peter's ancestor, Amanda, YOU. It's possible that some of our people made their way to your world in a similar way. Ogdoä are very long lived with low fertility rates. I think they can have one pregnancy every 200-500 years after they have turned 500." My jaw drops in surprise.

"Outside of being mụrdered, I have never heard of one dying naturally either." Lía adds. "Will his daddy take him?"

"We will ask him and his people to join ours, sweetie." Amanda jumps in. "Didn't you say Wyatt was the name you were thinking about naming your Daddy when he was reborn?" Amanda looks to where Uldré is rocking Wyatt. He's going to be a great daddy!

"I did. He is." She says with tears in her eyes. "I'll give birth to his hayati, my Miwt'aku." Amanda hugs her.

"Well good luck with that! Your grandchildren, their children, will also be their great grandchildren and your brothers and sisters." She says with a straight face. It takes a moment for people to process before Lía starts laughing. I shake my head.

"Only you sissy, only you."

"I need a drink after that one." The 1st Lieutenant laughs. The rest of our night is fun. I pass out with the little ones. I'm sure it lasted until the early morning hours.