Weekend of Friday the 13th

Skírlífr'anatí 13th
ElogíAnatí
19:30

Tavirian

"Inkosi Tavi." I look up to see Kaenaék looking at me and averting his eyes from Cara.

"Kaenaék, please, just Tavi. Has Niliese filled you in?"

"No, she just said I was needed 'NOW,' grabbed my bag, and dragged me here. She did warn me that the rescued woman couldn't be dressed or covered."

"I see."

"Kaenaék, meet Cara. Tavi's hayati." He freezes and looks at me after hearing Ana's introduction. I'm sure my emotions are obvious. I'm scared, horrified, and have faith that she will be fine.

"Kaenaék, please, do what you can for my Cara. I trust you. Also, you need to see something. I'll let you do what you need and go get what you need to see."

"Okay." He says hesitantly. I leave to the table with her things. I gather the álfrám bag, its contents, the book, and the box with the royal set. I take a few minutes to myself. I'm not sure if I could control myself if I see him touching her. I trust him, not myself.

"Tavi, he's done. Come." Ana guides me back. I enter. A tent has been placed over her intimate parts. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"I thought you might appreciate her being covered in any way possible. If it was Niliese, I'm not sure I could control my anger around other dehin."

"Thank you, really." I clasp his shoulder. He clasps mine back.

"No thanks necessary. I consider you a friend and my Inkosi. She is my Inkássa." I nod and hand him the bag first. He looks at it in surprise. "This is from Isilmëmírë." He looks at Cara curiously before pulling the contents out. He looks happier with every potion he pulls. He pulls the bottle and stops. He puts everything aside and rushes to Cara's side.

"Her saving grace." He slowly pours a little down her throat. "Niliese, Ana, Lía you need warm water and soft cloths." Lía runs off to get water. He moves to Nimuë and puts some into her water. He pets her head, "Be a good cùi and drink up."

"I'm back!" Lía sets the bowl on a table near Cara's bed. He puts some of the liquid into the water.

"Wipe her down every hour. Lay the cloths over her and let the water sink into her skin. Don't dry her. They won't bruise with the water on them. It's water from our holy well springs." They call over a few others to help. We leave the tent for privacy. He reaches in the bag and freezes when his hand hits the wooden charm. It changes before our eyes. He stares at it in surprise.

"There's more." I hand him the book. "First page is the most important." He opens it and reads. The color drains from his face. I opened the box and show him. He keeps looking between where Cara is being cared for and each item, then back again.

"Tavi, she..." He looks at the items, back to where Cara lays, then around. "Put these away now. Lock them up. The food, potions, and bottle I can carry in my bag without question. These others, people will kill for." He whispers, concerned.

"Then they go in my bag." Ana scares us. "Here, in they go." She opens her bag. We quickly put the items in. "I've already put her other things in, so no one gets any ideas again."

"Well done Tu'sí Ana! How did the bathing go?"

"Better than expected. Nimuë is doing a lot better as well. She is wagging her tail without whimpering now. I'm getting ready to give her..."

*Shaking pill bottle in 1-2-cha-cha-cha tempo*
"It's 20:00 hours, time to take your happy pills."
*Shaking pill bottle in 1-2-cha-cha-cha tempo*