Meeting Sínsëar

Dagdh’a’vaní 19th
Inqwé’gaelaō
10:00

~Cara~

“Fine.” I growl and huff before trying to find a seam or trigger in the wall to open the hole back up. “Explain while I look for a…”

“You might want to stop feeling the walls up like that, though. We are INSIDE Sínsëar.” He whispers in my ear and pulls me back by the waist. I… I’ve been feeling up…

“Oh My God. I… I... I…” His chuckle makes me blush more. I’m sure I look like a tomato. I turn and smack his chest, “Not Funny!” I turn and stomp my foot. He’s so irritating sometimes. Shouldn’t he be jealous? I was essentially feeling up another guy.

Now I see why everyone is minimally touching things and keeping to the moss. I see a few people glance and snicker. They KNEW! I glare at them accusingly. I see how it is. I stomp over to a comfortable chair and sit in a huff.

There’s a foot stool nearby. Tavi sits on it, placing my feet in his lap and taking my boots off. I reluctantly moan and forgive him as he massages my swollen feet and legs. He doesn’t speak until I’ve relaxed more.

“Sínsëar had a hayati millions of years ago. Another jotun. They don’t, uh, procreate like most of us.” I will not snicker. I will… not… eh, I’m snickering. “They exchange bits of their dust, combine it with stone and the materials they want, and create a form before infusing it with their heka.
“Jotun don’t think like we do. Their morals were almost nonexistent. Their offspring were often feral creatures of destruction. Sínsëar saw the evil they created and destroyed the ones who were a danger. This angered his hayati. It, she, had absorbed much of his material and began creating mindless ferals in mass.
“A war of jotun broke out. Few were on the side of mortals. Jotun wanted to run the world. Without those of flesh. Twenty-seven jotun fought against a force ten times their size. We fought alongside them. Only three survived that we know of. None of their hayati lived.” My heart hurt for the loss of all the good ones and their broken hearts. No matter who or what you are, losing those you love hurts.
“Sínsëar quarantined the creations as best he could in the south.” My brain fought to translate supsé to south. “Some of us were cursed or bred to become flesh. I believe it was a blessing. We gained what you call humanity. Morals, right, wrong, love, kindness, we gained it all. He released those who wouldn’t cause chaos. The others, he re-absorbed. He absorbed his hayati as well.” A deafening silence filled the room. Everyone was listening. The pain he had to endure must have been horrible. Tavi clears his throat.
“He tried to copulation with several races over the years. One vanit’a said he created a small avatar of himself in order to communicate easier. Unfortunately, he chose a rough stone the first time, and she nearly died from the attempt. She bore him a nanú. The first of many of our reveníre ancestors. Mixing with different races are why our people look different. Most don’t wish to admit it.”

“Like the Gudalá?” Many heads nod somberly to my question.

“Yes. I only learned of it through hidden texts kept in a locked part of the royal library. When I came here before, I spoke with Sínsëar and learned more. I wrote it down and hid several copies in public libraries for others to read. The Gudalá were irate.” He laughs and scratches the back of his head.
“A friend put an inherited multiplication repercussion spell on the ones I wrote. For every tomb they burned or destroyed, three more would appear on random book shelves. To this day, no one knows how many are out there. Every tribe and every main city was my last count.”

“So, how do they mix with us? They’re stone, so?”

“They can retrieve our eggs and other materials and create a stone egg to grow a nanú. It’s the safest way, but those offspring tend to be feral. 98% of them. They can impregnate a vanit’a by putting their heka infused material in… uh, well, the normal way.” He’s so cute!