Awaken

Skírlífr’anatí 17th
Süza’kolaō
05:59

Tavirian

I’m an idiot. I’m a monster. I gave in to Cara’s desires and my own. She hasn’t woken since. Ancestors I’m an idiot! She’s been moved back into her bed and away from me again. I almost went into a rage. Thankfully, Ana can stop me.

Whenever I feel anger, she sends me to hunt for dinner. We can provide for a starving village now. The bag for food also has ice stored in a pocket for freezing food. It keeps the other pockets cool. A cold, wet nose nudging me snaps me out of my brooding.

“NIMUË!” I hug and pet her. “Where were you, huh? We searched.” I look her over. She looks completely healed. “Varis.”

“AHHH.” He appears tired with his yawning and stretching. “Hey Tavi. What’s, is that?” He kneels down beside Nimuë and rubs her ears. “She looks completely healed. What’s this?” A ribbon is tied to her collar. That’s when I see the charm on her collar. Kaenaék told me what they are.

“It looks like she was with Faemála.” I pet her and remove the ribbon. It releases a bag from around Nimuë’s collar.

“Faemála the álfrám Goddess? How is that possible? She’s thousands of rajilá away and in an eternal sleep.”

“She can summon those born of other worlds to the realm she created. It’s the base for those who are tasked with balancing. I am sorry for calling you early.”

“Don’t be. I can recall everyone searching for her. They can use the rest. I'm not the easiest trainer.” He hasn’t stopped petting Nimuë and she’s now sitting in his lap. “I’d love to have a cùi. I hear they are great protectors of tékeredi.”

“I see you. I know your hayati has the family, but extra protection and having a creature to love would be a benefit. Cùi are hard to resist.” Nimuë rolls off his lap, onto her back, and wiggles. We both laugh at her antics.

“Why are you two up this early?” Our bodies block Ana’s view. We move aside, and Ana’s tired, grumpy look turns bright. Quickly setting the java down, she rushes over to welcome Nimuë home. The tent soon fills with people wanting to see her and ensure she truly is fully healed.

“Kaenaék.” I quietly call him over while everyone else is busy with Nimuë.

“Tavi, where did you find her?”

“I didn’t,” I hand him the bag from her collar. “She appeared on her own. There’s a charm on her collar. This was attached by a ribbon.” I hand him the bag.

“Another Isilmëmírë bag.” He looks at Nimuë and shakes his head with a smile. “Full of surprises, aren’t we sweet cùi? So, Díälani Faemála had you. That explains why you’re healthy now. She is answering my prayer. I hope the rest of my prayer comes true as well.” He opens the bag and laughs.
“Ana will love this. I’ve never seen a storage bag this small with so much space inside. There’s a letter, some books, potions, water, enhanced food, and cloth?”

“Oh?”

“ANA! Would you quit doing that?” She’s scaring us for fun.

“Mmmm, let me think.” She pauses, tilting her head to the side and touching her lip with a finger. “No.” She giggles.

“We leave home, and your playful side comes out. You’re something else ti’Sáry.”

“I don’t have work, constant restrictions or eyes watching my every move, and there’s no Gudalá.” She stretches relaxed. “I’m training, but it isn’t fifty people twice a day for eight hours. It’s at our leisure. Okay, now tell me.”