Attack: Part II

Oi’nos’anatí 2nd
Sól’elogía
05:00

~Cara~

“It’s too eaaarlyyy.” Amanda whines from where the coffee is set up. I secretly giggle. Kícoatl was is still on his guard rotation and didn’t bring her coffee. She can be a toddler in the morning without it. I bet she’s missing him like I miss Tavi when he’s on guard rotation. Twelve hours every three days. No able-bodied person is exempt.

Kícoatl is a pretty down-to-Earth guy for someone with wings and in power. He’s scary-powerful. He refuses to stay put every night and has volunteered to join with protecting the area. Ferals, pirates, creatures from air, land and sea, and hunters are threats.

Yup, that’s right. Hunters. Those racist baṣtards are here, too. They’re mostly humans, dwarves, gnomes, and the rare elf. They want to “cleanse the world of the evil beasts that plague their lands” and “spread their curses.” I want to smack them and yell “Bịtch, please! They’re viruses and bacteria, not curses.”

Amanda and her minions have already identified small pox, chicken pox, measles, rubella, hand foot and mouth disease, scabies, STDs, STIs, and more in the populations here. Yey diseased visitors… *Hard Glare*. The people didn’t believe her. Especially the married couples with one partner having a sẹxually transmitted issue, but the other was clean.

Three days of treatment and seeing the people getting better changed minds. There were a couple of fights. The cheaters had to make a list of those they were involved with so they could get treatment. Their spouses made them read their sins out loud in the town square and made a post on the notice boards. I learned that a copy of many notices are magically set to other message boards. It wasn’t just a local notice.

We found more people with seizure disorders across several races. Kaenaék happily started treatment for them. Several common medical conditions on Earth were identified and treated to the best of our abilities. We sent out word that we were bringing our knowledge and healing to Érishu Tí. We were looking for those willing to learn and teach. Gálbard and Muthāl Thenea happily took the lead on figuring that out.

Parents offered their children. Governors, Ladies, Lords, and other rulers offered children up as well. Mostly orphans. Most did it to better the lives of their people. A few did it because they see the orphans and the poor in their territories as a drain on their coffers. When people discovered we wanted all ages, they became more excited.

They seem thrilled that people are going to come from our world to educate and investigate. They didn’t see the use of giving one name to only one plant at first. After presenting how beneficial potions could become poison if the wrong sage brush, angel weed, or mandrake root were used, they started paying attention. Seeing our own physical books, they were stunned. I have great hope.

Eró’s people have dedicated to assisting with collecting and growing plants. They want to collect plants and people who know their uses in one location. They put a notice on the board and received many responses within an hour. People are mapping their areas, collecting plants and data, and plan to be in Ana’el within the year. Kícoatl has offered his people in assisting with faster travel. What a sweet soon-to-be brother-in-law I have!

We got a letter from Faemála finally. Communication with her has been difficult. The magic of this world and hers is like putting walkie-talkie antennas near each other. It’s because her body resides here. She didn’t say much other than things are progressing well on Earth.

My research team is all excited to potentially be coming. Their families refuse to be left behind. I don't blame them. We don't know how well travel will be. They’re using this time to settle their affairs on Earth, gather supplies, and prepare their loved ones. Many others have been found and approved by Faemála to come over.