Varied Partings

Dagdh’a’vaní 12th
Inqwé’gaelaō
09:00

~Cara~

Our company, the soldiers, and our remaining new friends met at Sip A Spill after breakfast. Avea sent messages to all of us asking to stop by before we left. She had the shop open by 9AM. People were excited to hear it was reopening. She had staff hired before her evening meal yesterday.

Dez reminded her that she was the manager now and needed to delegate. It wouldn’t take as much time as she thought it would. People were already there when we arrived five minutes after opening. They greeted us and wished us well on our Ak’hajj. Thundering hooves coming from the north caused everyone to be on alert.

“Captain Bellis!” We relaxed when we see one of Bellis’s soldiers arrive. He was sent out and has come back escorting a wagon. He dismounts and kneels before Bellis. “As requested, we have brought who you requested. They are excited.”

“Rise. I am glad to see you.” He turns to the gathering crowd. “People of Cadíagor, this is Captain Faréll and Lereía Lady Faréll. They will be assisting with the VárSvík property. Their family is related to Yátu Avea. These are his soldiers. They are good, loyal, and here to protect you. Many of you have met Dez.” He gestures to him. Dez waves and gives them a goofy grin. He can be a nut when he wants.
“Dez, as you may or may not know, is reveníre royalty. They are not the terrifying creatures of old. Most of you have seen this. He has purchased the VárSvík property with my approval. Reveníre will be coming to work the land. The Faréll family will aid them.
“Dez has also opened up the property to be an outpost. The soldiers will soon have housing, drawn up by Indrea Tira, on that land.” She blushes and gives a little wave, “The LevEkklē property will be built as they wished. Young Ben is the owner of that property, but the Faréll elders will reside there.” A sweet elderly couple waves from beside the wagon.
“Know now that you are in good hands and safe with our new alliances. Young Indrea Tira has set Yátu Avea as manager for Sip A Spell. Please be patient as she finishes her education. I will be looking for property nearby to open a school for all ages here. Hopefully, soon, we will have a town dedicated to education built where everyone can learn. I will have notices sent out with further information.
“In the meantime, please, if you are educated and can teach, please consider teaching here. The lack of education and shared knowledge has proven to be heartbreaking. What we once took as possession or a curse has proven to be a medical condition. Inkássa Cara and Princess Amanda’s people call it Epilepsy. Seizures.
“Vaiday Kaenaék of the Álfrám has proven it can be treated. It cannot be cured, sadly. Many of the things we mistake as coming from magic are conditions that pass through our blood from our ancestors to us and our children. If you are interested in learning about these things and can read, Sip A Spell has a library open to all.
“While the books must remain in the shop and are enchanted to remain within,” I wonder if that’s what Lía has been up to? “you are welcome to copy them for your home. If there are any scribes here, please speak with Yátu Avea about employment doing this for those who do not have the scribe skill.
“It has been a delight staying here and getting to know you. Unfortunately, we must continue our mission to clean up corruption and ensure the safety of all. We appreciate you all and your hospitality.” He bows to the crowd, earning a gasp. Royals never bow to commoners.

“I know it isn’t a lot, but we wanted you all to have refreshments, some potions, and a few charms for your journeys.” Avea says as she comes out of the shop with many others, each carrying two baskets. “All of you stay safe. I wish to see you again.” They quickly pack each of our teams with the big baskets and give the individual travelers each a bag. We bid farewell to everyone and are leaving town by 10.

~

Dagdh’a’vaní 13th
ElogíAnatí
19:00

~Cara~