Ku Kí

Dagdh’a’vaní 21st
Taníyn’Nëlalaō 
12:00

~Cara~

“So, are you ready for this?” Amanda asks. I nod my head hesitantly. “Well, deal with it.” She laughs lightly. “We have computers, tablets, routers, cell phones, drones, medical equipment enough for a small hospital, a mass spectrometer, vaccines… I guess they thought we were setting up a clinic overseas or something?”

“They did. I told them we were going on an outreach mission to set up a clinic, education center, and more to an area that had nothing. Most of this is donations.” Larry said. I feel bad.

“Don’t worry, Little One. We will return the favor tenfold at minimum once we can make it to your world.”

“He is correct. Our magic,” my ears ring a bit, “will be able to help. Amanda, can you set Sin up with everything possible, please? I can enchant it to be more durable.” Ana asks with her big eyes. Amanda immediately agrees.

“Tea time, my Queen.” Kaenaék hands me a new smelling tea. “It’s a combination of the one for your seizures, the head pain, and stomach calming with something to help strengthen your bones and muscles. It seems being pregnant tares edlíduin bodies up.” I take the cup gratefully and nod.

“Oh, we have dried, canned, and frozen foods. David enchanted bags to freeze food. Herbs, spices, cleansers…”

“Manda, it’s okay. We don’t have to go through every item. I can read it.”

“Fiiiine. But what do I do with all of this? My bag didn’t hold as much as I hoped.”

“I can help Auntie!” Tira pops up from behind the lounge. She giggles when we scream, triggering others to laugh.

“And how can you help me, little heathen?” She tickles Tira for a few minutes.

“We can set up a school and clinic at my home. Just like we did for everything else. I can set up a building for you to sort the rest of the stuff, too. We just need you to picture it and put stuff in to help build what we need.”

“Seriously?” She looks at Tira in disbelief.

“Seriously, Sissy. Have Tira take you inside, look around, and think of the building being a similar style. It’s her home, and we don’t want some bland, modern, atrocịty eating up space. Go on. Have fun.” I shoo them off and laugh. That eliminates a little stress.

“Not much longer before you leave, sister Cara.” Sin sits next to me and gazes longingly at Ana.

“True. I expected we would be leaving last night, but Kucoatl said we have to stay just a bit longer. I can’t say that I’m sorry.” I nudge his shoulder. “It means more time you two get together. Though, I believe my daughter may have a plan for that.” I have a secret smile on my face.

“Oh? Does it have anything to do with her requesting me to gather dead trees, stones, and many other oddities?” I look at him, surprised.

“I don’t know anything about it, but the child is very secretive when she wants. Her ideas are wild and wonderful. Never dangerous. You can trust her.”

“Indeed. It is a trait with her kind. Yours as well. Her kind has a very low chance of becoming dark because of it. I was upset to hear of my friend’s demise.” I look at him with curiosity. “I was well acquainted with her … family. Your ancestors as well. I am curious how you exist. Your kin were wiped out or sacrificed themselves during the 5th age of The New Dawn.”

I’m shocked. Not by him knowing her birth family. It would make sense for him to know them well. Him knowing what I am and hearing my ancestors were thought to be extinct, that is surprising. And disturbing