~Chapter 15~

THIRD PERSON POV:

Barbara was enjoying her job at the nursery, just like any other day. With the business of bracelets, everything was chaotic. The next generation is going to be born in a month or so, so everyone has been trying to get names and bracelets sorted out.

She rocked the crying child in her arms, lovingly, until the cries faded into soft snores. The baby had very chubby little cheeks, in Barbara's opinion.

"What a cutie," she gushed silently. She leaned down and placed the baby in its designated crib.

When she stood back up, she had to muffle her own yelp of surprise. A pair of hands grabbed her at her hips and pulled her back until she was touching the unknown stranger.

She squirmed around and managed to get out of the stranger's grip. With a furious glare, Barbara turned around to face the person.

Her body shuddered at the sight and her face lost its ferocious glare. "M-Mr. Eckhart," she addresses him with fear radiating off of herself.

His face held a lazy smile as he tucked his hands into the pockets of his grey blazer. "Please, call me Andrew. Anyways, Barbara, how're you?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

"I'm fine," she spoke through her teeth. She started remembering what happened the last time her and Andrew were alone in the nursery. The guilt rushed into her for the hundredth time, in these eighteen years.

"It's been a long time since we've talked. How long has it been?" He spoke, maintaining eye contact the whole time. "Twenty years? Eighteen?"

Barbara clenched her jaw and looked away. This man disgusted her. The deeds that he's done makes him horrendous.

"How's Rissa? Are her and Zayn leading a 'happy' life?" Eckhart spoke with fake enthusiasm. He smirked in Barbara's direction. "Is Rissa a sexy, young woman now?"

"They're fine." She snapped, not wanting to talk about the earlier 'events' or speak rudely.

"Oh, wow. You're speaking a bit harshly, don't ya think?" He questioned her as he walked around her.

"No, I'm not." She replied and she soon felt his finger trail up her arm. Barbara jerked away from his filthy touch.

"Feeling feisty?" He asked menacingly as the distance between them lessened.

Barbara looked him in the eyes and spoke, "this is why you don't have a wife anymore."

Andrew's gaze hardened as he retracted his hand. "She was a bitch. Anyways, I just came here to ask you if you've told anyone about the switch in bracelets."

Barbara bit the inside of her lip and shook her head. She had wanted to so many times. The truth needed to come out but she knew if she that if she was the one to disclose the information, Eckhart wouldn't spare her.

"Good. You better not." Andrew's hand moved forwards and he grasped her hand, slowly bringing it to his lips. After pressing a slow kiss, which made Barbara feel so uncomfortable, he walked back towards the door.

"By the way, I loved messing around with your best friend. Too bad she didn't last." Andrew smirked as Barbara struggled to remain calm. "I bet her 'beloved' child is even better though."

Barbara was old but she was wise. She was put into a situation in which she didn't know how to react. She was never one to mess around with unnecessary people.

"Bye honey," he bid her goodbye making Barbara boil in anger.

A tear of anger slipped out the corner of Barbara's eye. If she had a chance to kill someone, it would be Andrew. He's ruined so many lives.

She doesn't know what to do! A part of her is telling her to talk to Rissa, who treats her like a mother. The rational part of her is telling her to not say anything -- it was going to cost her, in the end.

She had already tried telling Rissa multiple times in the past, but every time, there was a obstacle in between them. It makes her feel very guilty when Rissa treats her kindly -- because she doesn't feel like she deserves it.

So Barbara decided that she would tell Rissa this time, no matter what.

A/N:

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this one. Comment and vote so that I know what you think of it!

I just wanted to throw Barbara into this chapter to remind you all about the first chapter of this book. There's shit going on behind the scenes here, if you're catching my drift.

And, YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT MY NEW BOOK CALLED 'WTF' STORIES AND RANTS.

if you like to laugh then it's probably for you. idek you should let me know if you like it... If you decide to read it.

ALSO, I love you guys so much for voting and commenting. They mean so much. It tells me that people actually like my writing and don't think is bullshit lmao.

Okay bye, my sparkly unicorns

~Maya. Xox