~Chapter 20~

A/N: Read authors note at end!

After the first few tears fell from my eyes, I felt my guard crumbling down into mere ashes. Even through the saltiness of the tears, I was shocked at myself. I don't cry in front of anyone, not even my very own mum - let alone anyone else. But here I was, my body shaking with each sob that I let out in front of Harry.

"Shh, c'mere," Harry whispered to me. I shuffled towards him and he wrapped his slender arms around my smaller frame. He ran his warm hand through my hair and I rested my head on his shoulder. "Don't cry, please."

I shut my eyes and sniffed. "Harry, I'm tired of trying to be strong for everyone."

"I know, darling, I know." He replied to me, while digging his face deep into my hair. "I'm right here," he comforted me as I held onto his expensive shirt and shut my eyes.

I shuffled closer towards him and he gently pushed me over to his lap, so that my legs were hanging off of the left side of his body. I widened my eyes a bit, but soon gave up on thinking about the situation. He's my best friend, that's all. He's only comforting me.

His legs were comfy to sit on. I was leaning on his shoulder still, my face was hidden in the depth of his neck. The silent tears trailed down from my eyes and Harry rubbed my back and rested his other arm around my waist.

"Whenever you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll be right here, Ris." He mumbled to me.

I nodded against his skin, not knowing what to say, but stayed silent. There were no words to be said but the silence spoke for itself. Harry held me for what seemed like forever until I finally pulled away from his comforting touch.

"The water is ankle deep but you're drowning. All you have to do is stand up, darling." Harry whispered to me once I had pulled away from his neck.

Glancing down at him, I noticed him already watching me intently. He rested a hand on my thigh and I ignored the butterflies in my stomach, that ignited at his mere gesture.

Cocking my head to the side, I asked, "What?" My voice was so terribly scratchy.

"It's something that my Mum tells me whenever I am going through a hard time. It makes you look at everything from a different perspective," Harry informed me while cupping my splotchy cheek.

I felt so strange under his touch but it felt good. I liked it whenever I was in his touch. For God's sake, I am sitting in his lap and I don't mind it at all. I don't know why but in this moment, all of the government rules seemed like pure bullshit. I can be friends with a boy if I want to, especially if that one boy is the one that I feel comfortable around.

"I like that." I replied, making Harry grin.

"Good. Now smile for me." Harry demanded while wiggling his eyebrows.

I shook my head and fought back a smirk. He seemed to notice and he let out a chuckle.

"Don't make me do this the hard way..." He warned me while I playfully scrambled off of his lap, already knowing his motives.

I let out a squeal when he came close to me, all of a sudden. His fingers tickled my sides and I fell back on the couch, laughing loudly. The butterflies in my tummy were fluttering feverishly as his fingers dug deeper and made me laugh crazily.

"Stop," I laughed, trying to shove Harry away from me.

He kept his position above me, fingers still jabbing into my sides. "No, this is what you get." He retorted smartly, trying to hold back his own laughter.

I felt another string of giggles roll past my lips and tears of laughter stream out of the corners of my eyes. I tried pushing him off of me, but alas, he is so much more buff than me.

"Please Harry?" I pleaded, scrunching up my nose and furrowing my eyebrows at him, playfully.

"Fine," he let out an airy laugh and pulled away from me.

I sucked in a deep breath and composed myself before sitting back up. Harry watched me amusingly from his spot beside me, as I fixed up my hair.

"I should get going, it's getting late." Harry chimed, making me glance at the clock. It was half past eight.

I let a small smile play at my lips. "Alright," I mumbled, trying not to feel disappointed.

I led Harry to the door. We were a bit silent as I opened up the front door.

"Sorry about Zayn. He hasn't been doing too good." I apologised to Harry, with a heavy heart.

"It's alright," Harry stepped outside and I could see his breath curl up into little wisps of fog. "Tell him I said 'Hi'."

I nodded and smiled a tad bit. "Thank you, Harry." I whispered to him, meaning every word.

He stepped closer, so close that I could feel his misty breath fan my face. His hand moved up to hold my face, by my cheek.

"You are most welcome, Iris." He responded with a coy smile. "Call me if you need anything."

I smiled again and nodded, subconsciously leaning into his touch. "I will, Harry."

After that, he leaned forwards and pressed his cold lips to my forehead, taking me by surprise. The feeling was almost surreal. Harry's lips touching the skin on my forehead.

He pulled back and I swear, I saw a faint smile toying on the pink of his lips. "Bye Ris," he spoke to me, while pulling his hand away.

He turned around and sauntered down the front of the house. I only watched in complete shock as his body walked further and further down the driveway. My lips wouldn't move and my mouth felt parched. I heard a chuckle and Harry turned around once he was a good distance away from the front door.

"Go inside, it's cold tonight." He called to me with a grin on his rosy lips, a grin that I could see from so far away.

I nodded shakily and turned around, making my way back into the warmth of the house. Once the door was closed, I pressed my back against its cold woodwork. My fingers trailed up and touch the skin of my forehead.

Was that even real?

A/N:

OMG I SAW MY BABIES LIVE IN EDMONTON AND I CRY EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT BC IT WAS MY FIRST CONCERT AND THE FIRST TIME I'VE EVER SEEN MY BOYS LIVE. I SAW MY FROG SON LIVE OMG. IT WAS RAINING AND EVERYTHING WAS SO MAGICAL OMG OMG OMG. AND I THINK NIALL NOTICED MY POSTER TOO I WAS SOOO CLOSE TO THEM JESUS MY SEATS WERE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING

ok im done

so pleaseee check out my new ff it's called Love Is Blind and Harry is literally blind in it. Its a really short story, only about 7 or 8 parts. go give it a read/comment/vote if you please. It was something that I handed in as a paper.

Also, I get a ton of reads from you guys (I'm very grateful, thanks for that) but not as many of you vote. It's kinda lame BC my reads are so high and votes are so low. Can all of you just take 3 second out of your day to tap that star button? Thanks

ilysm

-Maya.xox