~Chapter 21~

A/N: not today satan ↑  also, long chapter bc of the long wait

IRIS' POV:

The weeks passed slowly and dreadfully. We attended the funeral and Zayn remained quiet as ever. I had been extra nice to him but he still has that glint in his eye that I can't pin point. I really want to know what he's holding inside of him, but I don't want to pressure him into telling me.

Unfortunately, the world moved on and we were sweeped along with time. The clock ticked, which meant that we had to gather ourselves. Even if we weren't over the earlier events, we were forced to move on. I couldn't complain about it though. We needed to move on and get back onto our daily routine - sulking around wouldn't help one bit.

So I woke up, went to work every morning, came home, ate dinner, and went to bed. It was a daily routine that never changed. I was fed up with the same actions happening every single day.

And the same routine, led to the same thoughts, every day. There was only one thought spamming my brain. What was Aunty Barbara trying to tell me before she passed?

"Z-Zayn and you, you aren't supposed to be togeth-"

I cringed at her last words and took a deep breath. Clearly, she was going to say the word 'together', but what was that supposed to mean.

So for weeks on weeks, that was the only thing I thought about. Why wouldn't Zayn and I be together? Surely, Aunty Barbara wasn't thinking properly and it was probably a misunderstanding.

I opened the front door and was welcomed by the warm air of Zayn's home, which instantly aided my tingly, cold nose and rosy cheeks. I quickly took off my coat and boots and walked over to the couch in the living room, before flopping down on it. An exasperated sigh left my lips and I just tried to un-stress myself.

The nightmares had continued ever since that night. It's always the same scenario. I'm dressed in a ruby red gown, one that touches the floor with every one of my steps. My hair is always styled up and there is rain, lots of it. And then the worst part, the mystery man steps into the light, but right before I see his face, I wake up. The same dream leaves me confused and nervous every time I wake up, drenched in my own sweat. I haven't been getting a ton of sleep because of it. 

So, I don't know when I fell asleep, but I did. My nap was short-lived, though. The familiar 'ding' of the doorbell awoke me and I let out a groan.

I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and mumbled a few hundred profanities under my breath.

"Bloody hell," I mumbled, before getting up and trudging over to the door.

I swung open the door, not bothering to fix my appearance before-hand. I immediately felt my lips tug up in a smile at the sight in front of me.

"Hi Harry," I greeted happily, forgetting about my sleepy state. "What brings you here?"

"Hey Ris-Ris," he grinned cheekily. "I have some good news."

I crossed my arms to shield myself from the biting air of winter, which seeped through the open doorway. I smiled at the corny nickname Harry had been calling me lately.

"Come in," I moved aside and Harry reluctantly stepped inside Zayn's home. I frowned when he didn't remove his shoes but stood in front of me, the childish grin not leaving his face.

"So tell me why you're so excited," I questioned with a suspicious smile.

"Since you've been trapped in the house lately, I thought I'd be nice if you and I went out for a bit." He beamed at me as if it was the most mind-striking idea ever made.