~Chapter 36~

A/N: can we get to 30 comments on this chapter? x

RISSA'S POV:

My eyes skimmed the horizon as I drove. The big, grey wall was hard to miss. It lines our society and borders the area that we are supposed to remain in. Nobody knows what's behind it. Since we were little, the elders have taught us that there is nothing there -- that the land just simply ends. Therefore there is a wall to protect us. I don't believe that. I've never believed that.

A honk of a horn snapped me out of my trance, and I quickly looked up to see a green light. Tearing my eyes away from the distant wall, I started driving once again. My hands were cold and they were shaking. My stomach was flipping in the most uncomfortable way.

When Zayn had come to my house, he dumped new information on me. Harry was alive. I was so happy, yet so confused. I asked Zayn so many questions about where Harry is, how he's been and so on. All Zayn did was give me his address. He told me that Harry wanted to meet me. So here I am, silently driving to Harry's house.

The car was terribly quiet and I could hear my own heartbeat in my ears. I don't know how I will react when I see him. I've missed him oh so much over the past year. But I'm worried if things will ever be the same? I wonder if Harry has changed at all, and if he has a new soulmate and if he married his soulmate. I wonder if he has children. After all, I've been separated from him for a whole year.

He is probably so happy in his own life. But I, on the other hand, I'm stuck in time. I was never able to move on and find someone new after Harry. I know that we weren't together, but it just didn't feel right for me to find someone else. No one can take his spot in my heart, even if he's already with someone, and he's happy. Perhaps, meeting him would change my mindset.

My mind came to an abrupt halt as I finally reached my destination. The guards opened up the gates and nodded at me, as I meekly smiled back. I drove up his driveway and parked smoothly. My eyes widened at the size of his house. It wasn't even a house -- it was a mansion.

I gulped and tried to take a deep breath as my hands shook. I was so nervous to see him, I don't know if I can do it. I was considering going back home but then my curiosity led me out of my car and up the front steps.

My hands trembled before I pressed the doorbell. I prayed to God internally, because I'm not sure how I'm going to react and if I'm ready.

I heard the patter of small footsteps before the lock clicked and the door swung open. I was greeted by the aroma of vanilla and warmth. I looked down at the little girl that opened the door.

Her hair was blonde and she looked like she was about five years old. Her green eyes were sparkly and and childish grin adored her face. Her pink dress was very cute on her and I couldn't help but wonder if she's Harry's daughter.

"Harry!" She turned around and yelled into the house. "There a lady at the door!"

I heard distant footsteps and a voice that I was all too familiar with. "How many times have I told you not to open the door without me, munchkin?" He spoke, with a low rasp to his voice. "There could be a stranger."

I almost choked on my breath when I saw him. I felt a sense of comfort when I saw his body. His tall stance and the familiar ink on his skin. He hadn't noticed me, as he swept the little girl off of her feet and into his arms. He kissed her hair, as she let out little giggles, and I noticed how he had grown out his hair. It was longer, up to his shoulders perhaps.

I realized I was holding my breath when he looked up at me. The shock was apparent on his features as his plump, pink lips parted and his pale green eyes widened. He sucked in a deep breath and I saw him take me in. "Oh my, God." He breathed out. He set the little girl on the ground, without taking his eyes off of me. "G-Go watch TV, Luna," he patted her as she agreed and ran away.

"H-Harry," I spoke, my mouth suddenly parched.

"Come in," he spoke, making me realize that I was still in the doorway.

I walked into his home and I felt my heart race a hundred miles an hour. I couldn't focus on anything except for him. He led me inside, into a living room. It was quiet as we heard the faint sound of a television from upstairs somewhere.

Harry sat on the couch and I sat down too, farthest from him. It was painfully quiet, yet I wanted to say so many things. I don't think it processed in my head that Harry was actually here, in front of me.

"So, uh, nice house." I spoke first, breaking the deafening silence.

He coughs, and I look over at him only to notice that he was already looking at me.

"Thanks, I moved... after May moved out." He spoke, biting down on his bottom lip. "'Cause she wasn't paired with me anyways. She lives with Zayn now."

I nodded slowly, "Yeah, Zayn told me. I saw him yesterday." I took a deep breath in and intertwined my hands to stop them from shaking.

"So how have you been?" He spoke quietly, diverting his eyes from me.

There were so many answers to his question. I felt relieved to know that he was alive. I felt heartbroken that he had moved on so quick. I felt sad, knowing that Harry and I aren't ever going to be anything.

"I'm fine." I answered painfully. "How about you?"

"Not so bad." He replied, running a hand through his hair and then looking at me.

"That little girl is so cute." I commented, with a little smile.

He let out a little chuckle and spoke, "Yeah, she is. Can be a handful sometimes."

I smiled, "Is she your daughter?" I finally forced out.

His eyes widened almost immediately. "No! Of course not." He spoke so quickly, "She's adorable, but she's not my daughter," he added. "A close friend's daughter, is all. She's very attached to me though."

I nodded and smiled, but I was thinking. Does that mean he hasn't found anyone yet?

His next few words seemed to read my mind. "I'm not with anyone."

"Neither am I," I responded, biting down on my lip.

"To be honest, I don't think I can ever find anyone," he spoke the next part very quietly. "Other than you."

My breath hitched in my throat and I don't know why but my eyes started watering and my vision got blurry. My throat felt tight.

"Harry, what happened that night?" I whispered, my voice wavering slightly at the end. "How are you still alive?"

A/N:

hellooo I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

RISSA AND HARRY FINALLY MET!!!! Thoughts???

and guys, this book is coming to an end, but you know what that means.... time for a sequel!!

I'm so excited for Rissa amd Harry's relation to develop even more

ily and I promise to update soon this time.

also, you guys are definitely going to enjoy the next chapter if you're catching my vibe 😏

Big love,
~Maya. xox