~Chapter 28~

a/n: 85 comments for a promised faster update? also, enjoy the long chapter. x

RISSA'S POV:

When Andrew spoke those last few words, I felt my heartbeat accelerate and the pace of the wind quicken. The wind blew back the stray pieces of hair around my face, while the rain gracefully sprinkled around my skin.

"Come on, Zayn," Andrew mockingly spoke, right by his ear. Zayn visibly tensed. "Tell Rissa, May and Harry what you've been hiding."

"Dad, what are you doing?" May spoke nervously, taking a step forwards.

"Come on, Zayn," Andrew seethed again, ignoring May's question. Zayn shut his eyes and I felt myself step forward, to move Andrew away from Zayn. Zayn and I might not be that close, but I can't watch him get assaulted.

Harry's hand wrapped around my arm and I looked over at him. He looked back at me, and gently shook his head. Harry's calm and collected eyes were clouded with another emotion that I couldn't decipher. Just as I was about to move, May spoke again, her voice quieter this time.

"Dad, stop. What are you doing to Zayn?" She asked timidly.

"May, shut up!" Andrew snapped, walking away from Zayn. His angry gaze landed on May a few seconds after.

Within a few long strides, he was right in front of her. I felt myself gasp as he went to grab her arm, but before I could even process what was happening, Zayn had gotten between Andrew and May. He pushed him away with a strong force and instinctively, Harry ran towards Zayn, to hold him back from punching Andrew.

"Fück off for once, you son of a bìtch!" Zayn yelled angrily, as Harry pulled him away from Andrew. Zayn went in to punch him but he missed because Harry pulled him away.

I felt myself freeze in shock, but I snapped out of my trance. My eyes immediately landed on May, who was holding her arm in pain, so I instinctively ran over to her.

"May, are you alright?" I asked gently, placing a hand on her shoulder. She cried silently, and I felt my heart ache for the girl. Her father had just squeezed and dug his nails into her arm, so badly that there were marks. She had only grown up with one shìtty father, and I can't say much about their relationship, but from what I know, he's a terrible person. 

"Let me see," I spoke lightly, gently grabbing her arm and looking at it. She sniffed and I felt myself boil in anger at the asshôle of a father I have. He deserves so much worse.

I was about to say something to May but an angry yell caught May's and my attention. Andrew was on the floor and there was blood seeping from his lip, as Zayn hovered over him.

"Zayn, stop!" Harry yelled angrily, causing Zayn to mumble profanities under his breath and take a step away, running his fingers through his dark hair.

"Zayn," Andrew croaked as he sat up slowly. He let out a bitter chuckle as Zayn froze, looking over at Andrew. "Since you won't tell these people anything, allow me." He stood up, and wiped the blood from his lip with the back of his hand.

Zayn mumbled curse words under his breath and I noticed how his shoulders stiffened, along with his posture.

Andrew let out a loud laugh, causing the shivers to tingle my bones. He rubbed his hands together and I felt myself freeze, when his dark gaze landed on me.

"When you 'mature adults' were little babies," he spoke, adding air quotations. "Times were much different. For the better, I would say."

He took a few steps forwards and towards May and I, causing Zayn to instinctively move a bit closer to Andrew. His thin lips curved up into a menacing smirk, and I felt terrified.