~Chapter 6~

THIRD PERSON POV:

The days passed and, for Iris, boredom continued. Zayn and Iris haven't been talking, unless it's completely needed, and things couldn't be more awkward.

Zayn even said that she should sleep on the sofa, which was located in the bedroom itself. Mind you, the couch isn't very comfortable for Rissa.

Rissa ran the hairbrush through her naturally straight hair and stayed consumed in thoughts. She had called her mum earlier in the morning and to say the least, she lied.

Iris told her mother that it's great being with Zayn. Also, that Zayn and Rissa are growing closer and closer day by day. Those are the goals in Rissa's mind (which she hopes to achieve sooner or later), but not Zayn's.

Rissa's eyes flashed up and looked through at Zayn through the mirror.

"Hey, you wanna pass me my tie?" Zayn 'inquired', while buttoning up his grey blazer. His voice was smooth like chocolate and to be honest, Rissa thought that she could listen to him all day, that is if they would get along.

"Sure," Iris replied coolly, not daring to speak her thoughts out loud.

She swiftly walked over to Zayn's walk-in closet, her feet lightly thudding with each step. Her eyes scanned the rows of coloured ties and then she stopped. A grey coloured tie stuck out at her and she grabbed it with ease. It matches with Zayn's suit today, Iris thought.

Rissa absent-mindedly walked out. A gasp escaped her rosy lips and her eyes flashed up as she bumped into a stiff surface.

"Oh, I'm sorry," she responded to Zayn, who stood directly in front of her.

"It's cool." He spoke while she discreetly stepped back. Despite his dashing looks, she had learnt to keep her distance.

"Here's your tie." She murmured passing it to him.

He nodded a bit and his lips remained in a thin line.

Rissa passed a small smile and walked back to the vanity. She squeezed a reasonable splotch of moisturizer onto her palm and massaged her now-pale skin.

"Fuck," she heard Zayn cuss.

Curiously, she looked up at him from the mirror. Seemingly, he was struggling with his tie today.

Without comprehending her actions, Rissa walked over to Zayn, stopping directly in front of him.

His eyes flashed up at her, moving away from the storm-coloured tie. A blank expression was plastered on his face, not showing any sort of human emotion. Nonetheless, Rissa spoke up.

"Let me help you with that," she smiled at him a bit.

Rissa was clearly taken aback when Zayn dropped his hands to his sides and stepped forward. A smile took place on Iris' rosy and full lips. Her hands reached towards Zayn's tie as she carefully began the impulsive knot.

It wasn't like Zayn to not retort and say some sort of witty comment. Rissa could happily say that she liked that. Zayn's constant mocking irritated and irked her, as she was a person that definitely doesn't take shit from anyone.

Her hopes were let down once again as Zayn opened that beautiful, yet stupid, mouth of his.

"You know, I could've done that myself." He said, bored.

She raised her eyebrows at him and rolled her eyes. "Sure."

With that, she tucked the tie into its spot and moved back. Without giving the cocky boy another look, she walked back to the vanity, once again.