~Chapter 33~

*1 year later*

RISSA'S POV:

Everything was dull. Nothing interested me anymore. The world seemed colourless, everything seemed sad and food tasted bland. Everything was whirring around me in a blurred mess that I didn't care enough to sort out. Life was black and white and I wouldn't let anyone add colour to it, except Harry.

But he left me.

That night, Harry was left alone with Zayn and Andrew. The stranger drove me and it felt like the longest drive with a deafening silence. I couldn't get it out of my head. The sinister sense of calmness on Harry's face haunted me. But then again, he was always collected. But his eyes were worried. I know that he was thinking the same thing as I was. What would happen to us? Would he die? Would we ever see each other again? Will Andrew find me?

That night I was driven to Zayn and I's house. But I couldn't find it within me to stay there, especially knowing that Zayn isn't actually my partner. So I had went upstairs, packed a few essential clothes and grabbed money that Zayn had given me, and left. It wasn't suitable to go to my mum's house, so I went to the nearest hotel. I stayed for about two days, until I found a small, but nice, apartment. I bought it with my own earnings. It was in a nice complex, and it was a normal size. It was strange being normal once again.

I felt like I was starting life all over again, from square one. I didn't keep contact with anyone, except for my mum. The most I told her was that I bought my own apartment, saying that Zayn and I weren't doing well. Life was silent. Almost too silent.

I tried to contact Harry, but fate was against me, and I couldn't find him. I didn't remember his address or anything else. I left so many voicemails for him. I was so disconnected that I didn't hear about Harry's funeral either.

So here I was, sitting by myself in my apartment on a Saturday night. The city was so alive. People were going out, partying and having the time of their lives. But I was stuck. I couldn't move on. It didn't seem possible to do.

I sighed and grabbed my cellphone, which I had finally upgraded for the sake of it, and stared at Harry's contact for the hundredth time. My thumb hovered over the call button as I contemplated if I should contact him. What were the chances that he would pick up? He's dead.

With a huff, I pressed the button and chewed on my lip nervously. I gripped my phone tightly, trying to stop my trembling hand. Even though I knew well enough that he's not alive anymore, I still get nervous. I get nervous as the phone rings. Even though I know he's not going to pick up, I still call so that I can at least hear his voicemail.

The phone rang and rang. I sighed and as I was about the hang up, I heard a breath on the line, as the ringing came to an abrupt stop. My heart thumped vigorously against my chest.

"Hi, this is Harry Styles. Sorry I missed your call. Leave a message and I'll get back to you." And a long beep followed. I sighed sadly. By this point I had memorized his voicemail. It was the closest I was going to get to talking to him.

I didn't hang up this time either. I gripped the phone tightly before speaking. "Hi, Harry. It's, uh, it's me. Rissa... Or Ris, whatever you prefer," I bit my lip and calmed myself down. "I, just... I miss you a lot Harry. So much. I know it sounds weird and you're probably never going to hear this message but you were the best thing that happened to me. You changed my life. And I don't know if it was for the better or for the worse. It was great when you were in it, but now that you're gone, I don't know... Everything is different. I miss you." I whispered, wiping a tear from my cheek and sniffing. I hadn't even realized that I was crying.

"Anyways, did I tell you? I got an apartment. It's, uh, it's nice. But it would be better if you were here. Oh shít, that sounded really cheesy." I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose. "It's close to the city and--" I paused when a long beep cut me off and then I realized that I had been rambling.

I took a deep breath in and flopped back onto the couch. I felt my hair sprawl against the cushion and I could feel my heart thumping against my chest. I missed him so much. My heart ached.

I don't know when I fell asleep, but I did. The doorbell of my apartment buzzed and I groaned. Deciding against answering the door, I curled into a fetal position and squished my eyes shut. The repeated rings didn't falter one bit, irking me bit by bit.

"What do you want?!" I yelled out, feeling miserable.

The person started knocking on the door instead.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" I hissed angrily, while getting up.

I stomped to the door and swung it open, ready to cuss out whoever was standing there. I felt my jaw drop when I took her in.

"Sophia?" I breathed out.

She smiled and pulls me in for a deep hug. I felt my eyes well up with tears of pure joy. Her brown hair had gotten longer and her beautiful hazel eyes sparkled. She smelled so sweet and reminded me of home.

A home that I don't have, I thought.

"I've missed you so much," she spoke, pulling away.

"I missed you too, Sophia." I stepped aside, "Come in."

Within a few minutes, we were sitting in my living room with the TV playing some show in the background. I didn't feel like attending a guest at the moment, but then again it was Sophia.

"How are you?" Was the first thing she asked me. It's a phrase that no one has asked me in a long time.

"Alright." I replied, crossing my arms to stop feeling jittery.

"Rissa, you can't run forever," Sophia spoke softly while placing a hand on my shoulder.

"What do you mean?" I spoke back, feeling the slightest bit agitated.

"I get that you were upset, but moving away from us isn't going to help. I mean, I found you. Soon enough everyone else will find you too." Sophia admitted.

"You don't get it, Sophia." I whispered.

"What don't I get?" She asked, pushing me further.

"You don't know how I feel." I simply said, not wanting to speak to her anymore.

"Yes, I do, Rissa." She pressed further, "I know you feel lonely and that no one is with you. You're falling into something much more deep than it looks."

"No, Sophia." I spoke back, trying to withhold any bitterness inside me. "You really don't understand."

"Then make me understand, Rissa!" She said passionately. "Pour it all out."

I took a deep breath before opening my eyes and looking at her. "I lost the love of my life."

A/N:

I'm such a horrible person, oh God.

I'm soooo sorry I haven't updated in forever. I've missed you guys so much.

I'm going to be honest with you guys -- I haven't been very motivated to write lately and I know that I decided to not update at the most worst timing in the book, because it's a really intense part. I'm sorry. I figured that it would be better if I were to be more motivated and write something great, rather than spit out words and put them on paper. I promise that the updates will get regular again.

Apart from that, school is crazy. Field hockey season is starting too which means that tryouts are soon. I've been training as well. Wish me good luck babes.

So I know this chapter was slow, but get ready because it's about to get crazy, darlings.

Big love,

~Maya. Xox