~Chapter 18~

RISSA'S POV:

I spread the Nutella on my bread, lathering it up mercilessly. Honestly, Nutella is one of my most favourite things in the world. If there was one thing that I could eat for the rest of my life, it would be Nutella. Just the feeling of its thick and rich, chocolatey flavour amusing my taste buds has me giddy.

I heard footsteps pad into the kitchen and I raised an eyebrow. Zayn and I haven't been talking since our fight, but he's been acting extra strange since I came back from work yesterday. Before, he would ignore me. But nowadays, he is completely silent and all he does is deeply stare at me. It makes me really uncomfortable but I ignore him - something I've been finding myself do a lot of these days. Even when I talk to him, he doesn't respond. That leaves me completely embarrassed so I just remain quiet now.

I grab my plate and start walking over to the table. With one hand, I subconsciously pull my jean shorts down a tad bit. I've grown to build up walls when I'm around Zayn.

I looked out the dining room window, only to see dark clouds hovering above us. Everything seems kind of gloomy today - I don't understand why though.

I felt a pair of eyes staring into my back as I walked around the seats. Zayn's eyes were on me, I just knew it. I took a seat and glanced up, only to see Zayn leaning in the doorway.

I looked back at my food and grabbed a slice of Nutella. His eyes were observing me the whole time, as I shamelessly chugged down my breakfast. I quickly drank my orange juice, the sounds of my gulps being the only silence-breaker in the room.

After putting away my dishes, I dragged myself to the door. Zayn was stilling leaning there, just completely absorbing my presence. He's been present for about twenty minutes or so, eyeing my every move like a hawk.

Just as I was about to squeeze through the doorway, his hand moved forwards and completely blocked the doorway.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him. He was still staring at me. Accidentally, I let out a sigh.

"Can you move, please?" I asked politely.

He leaned forwards and completely ignored my question. "Can I ask you a question?"

When I didn't respond, he opened his mouth to speak again. "Do you actually like me, as a person?"

Just as I was about to step back, he gripped my waist tightly. It wasn't in a cute way; it was more like 'stop-moving-away-and-listen-to-me' type of grab.

"What?" I asked, aware of the small distance between us.

"Because I have to tell you something important." He ignored me again and peered into my eyes. "It seems a bit important, I guess."

"Well?" I urged, squirming a bit to get out of his tight grip. It resulted in him holding me tighter.

"Alright," he ran a hand through his hair. "I don't like you." He stated, staring at me.

I rolled my eyes and removed his hand from my waist. "Oh really? I didn't know that!" I said sarcastically, preparing to walk out of the room.

"No wait!" He groped my waist. "Not like that. It's the truth!"

I rolled my eyes and turned towards him. "Just spit it out, Zayn."

"Okay, just hear me out. I don't like you in a 'lovey-dovey' way. You're a great person and your sarcastic self really amuses me." He paused for a second and ran a hand through his hair before continuing. "Not many people talk back to me so you're a nice way to spice things up." He quickly spoke and I raised an eyebrow at his weird behaviour.