~Chapter 31~

A/N: can we get to 100 comments? <3

RISSA'S POV:

My body stiffened up as soon as I heard the merciless click of a gun. Everyone was tense, except for Andrew who was twirling his gun on his index finger.

"I have a solution to this problem," He spoke slowly and menacingly.

"Don't," Zayn whispered with dark eyes. He was looking straight at Andrew, who was right behind me.

I heard a low laugh right by my ear and suddenly, I felt a cold, metal object press against the back of my neck. I felt my breathing pick up and my eyes watered, while my stomach flipped.

"Drop the fúcking gun, right now," Harry spoke slowly and eerily calmly.

"No, can do." He whispered by my ear. "She has to go."

"Dad! I don't care about money! Why don't you just leave everyone alone?!" May yelled angrily, tears streaming down her face.

"I don't fücking care if you don't want money, May!" Andrew roared in annoyance, the gun being removed from my neck momentarily. "I want the cash and you were simply a pawn in my game," he spoke, the gun pressing against my neck once again.

"Fùck you, go die in a hole, you fûcker." Zayn spat angrily.

"I don't think I'm the one that's gonna be dying any time soon," he spoke, tapping me twice with the gun.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and blinked away my tears.

Just a few seconds later, I felt something harshly press against my bare neck, making my eyes widen. It took a few moments for me to realize that it was Andrew's lips sloppily roaming on my neck. He bit into my neck harshly, making the tears in my eyes finally fall.

I bit my lip to refrain from crying out. The food that I ate earlier was coming up my throat, but I tried to refrain myself from barfing.

What Andrew did, seemed to make Harry snap.

"Let go of her!" He yelled angrily, and in a second, he was going to punch Andrew.

"Stop! Stop, right there, Harry!" Andrew yelled abruptly, making me let out a short scream. "One more fûcking step and I'll shoot her," he wrapped his arm around my neck, while pointing the gun at my temple.

I felt tears stream down my face and I closed my eyes momentarily, mentally praying to God and hoping that he wouldn't shoot me.

"Don't touch her, Andrew! Or else, I swear to God, I will snap your fûcking neck in half!" Harry roared, the veins in his neck were prominent even from where he was standing.

"I will kìll her," Andrew spat, harshly pushing the gun against my temple. I bit my lip to stop the sobs that wanted to leave.

The tension between all of us was painstakingly high. The rain was pouring down on us so harshly, but I'd rather sit in the harsh rain, than be in Andrew's hold with a gun pressed to my temple.

"Andrew," Zayn spoke calmly, while Harry was fuming. "What do you want us to do, in order for you to let go of Rissa?"

"Nothing," he whispered. "She needs to die. She looks too much like her slût of a mom, to live."

He clicked the gun, and sucked in a deep breath, while May let out a scream. I mentally prayed to God and tried to remain calm, but I felt tears in my eyes.

"What the fûck are you doing?!" May screamed, trembling out of fright and anger. "Leave her!"

"Listen, you want money, yeah? We'll give you money, just let her go," Zayn pleaded, while running a stressed hand through his hair.

"No, she's done for," Andrew spoke. "All those times she disrespected me and spoke against me, will always be imprinted in my mind. I told her she was gonna regret it." He licked my neck, causing me to let out a sob, and Harry to flinch and eye the gun. "If she dies, May can be with Zayn."

"Okay, you know what?" Zayn spoke, fuming in anger. "Let her go. You can shoot me instead."

Andrew stopped what he was doing and he paused completely. I could feel his breath lingering on my neck, and by my ear. He comprehended what Zayn just said and an eery silence fell upon us, like a blanket.

He let out a low laugh, "That's not a bad idea, Malik. Yeah, if you die, Harry won't have any competition and he will be richer, I won't have to change bracelets and Rissa will be a widow." He realized, thinking out loud. "Saving me two steps, huh?"

"Zayn, don't you dare," I finally spoke up, "Don't do that to yourself!"

"Rissa, I made you go through so much shìt, I deserve this." He spoke back, equally fierce, but he sounded defeated. His eyes were clouded and misty, with a complex emotion that I couldn't decipher.

"No, Zayn, please don't do it!" I pleaded, tears still falling from my eyes.

"I've tried to kìll myself before, it doesn't work. This just lessens the pain, doesn't it?" He spoke, voice quiet.

For a second, everyone went quiet. Zayn's tried to kìll himself? He never let me even suspect that he's done that. My heart broke as I thought of how he's been extra quiet and somewhat sad for the past few months. Never in a million years would I think that Zayn would have tried to hurt himself. I never sat down with him and talked about his past. Perhaps he was depressed before I met him. There's always a story behind every person and Zayn and I never talked about our stories, let alone his.

"Okay, well I don't fûcking care!" Andrew spat, breaking the silence. "This seems to be convenient for everyone, isn't it?"

He shoved me away from himself and instinctively, I sucked in a deep breath of air. I stumbled a bit, but caught myself and turned just in time to see Andrew aim the gun at Zayn, who was standing a few feet away from him.

Harry had managed to walk up to me. His green eyes scanned my features with concern and he cupped my cheek gently. "Are you alright?"

I nodded just as Andrew spoke, causing both of us to look at him again.

"Well, Zayn," he began slowly, laughing deeply a few seconds after. "It was nice knowing you. Who knew that the rich boy was depressed?"

"Money can't buy happiness," Zayn whispered with defeat lacing his voice.

"It sure can," Andrew spoke, with cockiness thick in his tone.

"Andrew, please," Harry pleaded, slowly walking closer to Zayn. "We'll give you money, we'll give you so much that you'll be on cloud nine. Please, you don't have to take a life for that to happen."

"Oh fûck off," Andrew spat and then I witnessed the most devastating moment of my life.

There was a gunshot, and my shrill scream as someone fell to the wet cement.

As Harry collapsed to the cement.

A/N:

I'm sorry don't kìll me bc of the cliffhanger

I love you guys so much :) and this story is coming to an end soon, but don't worry, as there will be a sequel ;)

comment if you are gonna read the sequel!

also, what did you think about Zayn's revelation about himself there? how about the ending? any hateful words for Andrew? I love reading your guys' theories!

big love,

~Maya. xox