Chapter 53

"Dammit!"

Mirio was in the middle of keeping Eri safe from Chisaki. After he told the truth of Eri not even being his daughter, he used his quirk to shape the ground.

"If I put her back together immediately I can revive her. Even if she isn't quite the way she was before." Chisaki lifted his head and stared down Mirio with his deadly eyes. "Eri already knows what I can do." He said. Mirio growled at Chisaki. How can someone be so cruel to a girl like this? And have the right mind of kidnapping another too.

Chisaki shifted the ground into large spikes straight for Mirio. He dodged each one of those with ease.

"What'll you do if Eri gets injured?" Chisaki asked from afar. "Under these conditions I'm the only one who can heal her." Mirio fell back down to the ground easily and eyed down the man who tortured the poor girl.

""I've sealed off your escape. And you won't be able to run away using permeation while your holding her." Chisaki said feeling like he had already won this fight as it was just beginning. "So, you wanna fight me schoolboy?"

Mirio looked the man down in hatred and anger. I thought I knocked that drunk out. But my balance is still off. Is his quirk still in effect? He thought.

Chrono had a gun raised right towards the blonde hero in training. "Careful. Aim for the arm wrapped around Eri." Chisaki warned him.

"I didn't expect he'd be able to use his quirk so precisely. Its quite obvious he's been well trained." Chrono added as he gave Chisaki information.

"Don't let anything get in the way of your shot." Chisaki then dismantled the rocky spikes for Chrono to have a good aim. However Mirio noticed why he was doing what he was doing. Mirio looked down at the girl with a smile.

"Sorry about this," Mirio flipped his cape over the two of them. I can't see his face. But based on what he's doing I can see thats Chrono, Chisaki's right hand man. If the briefing was right, I definitely don't want to be the receiving end of his quirk.

The gun had then fired off and the bullets didn't even touch Mirio. They only flew straight through him.

"He hid his body to obscure my aim." Chrono realized. Chisaki then gasped quietly to himself as he called out Chrono's name. He then went to use his quirk to block off the attack that Mirio was going after Chrono with. Chrono tumbled down but held up his head.

"Sorry Overhaul."

He's strong. Overhaul thought. But he put Eri down. If I break her, he'll be forced to back off.

Mirio then came behind Chisaki and threw a punch in his direction.

"Of course you would do that!" He yelled as Chisaki went to block him by his hand, but Mirio saw through that and used his quirk to make his punch phase through and right into Chisaki's face.

"Do you wanna know why a hero wears a cape?!" Mirio yelled the question towards Chisaki. He didn't expect him to understand, but that he should listen to what he would say next.

"Its so we can use it to cover someone who's suffering!" He yelled. "That's why!" Eri was watching Mirio throwing kicks and punches to her enemies. She sat with his cape wrapped around her frail body and watched him. She still couldn't understand why he was doing this. Why everyone else wanted to save her so badly. She even didn't understand why [Name] wanted to protect her as well. She was tortured and hurt. So why? Why did she want to save a girl who she barely even knew?

Everything seemed to move in slow motion at this moment. Make no mistake, He then punched Chisaki straight in the face. I am stronger!!

I'm never going to let you down Eri. She recalled his words. I am going to be your hero!