14

You discovered your love for weddings when you were nine and invited to your aunt's wedding. It wasn't the dress that made you feel you like a princess, it was the magic of seeing a happy ending in real life.

But now, your faith in love wasn't as strong as it used to be, but you loved weddings just as much. This is why when your brother invited you to his wedding, you were over the moon and you had to wake Matt up to break the news.

"Matt! Wake up!"

You bounced on the bed and climbed on top of Matt, to sit on top of him. Matt struggled to open his eyes, but when he did, he laughed at the position you were in.

"There are less violent ways to wake me"

"I have to tell you something" Matt sat up straight and pulled you in. His head was now in the crook of your neck and you nearly lost your mind.

"What is it?" He asked, breathing against your neck.

You managed to get the words out eventually. "My brother just invited us to his wedding"

"That's great" Matt said, holding the hem of your shirt and then looked at you confused. "Wait..us?"

"Yes. You and me"

Matt pulled away from your neck and looked at you, furrowing his eyebrows. "He's never met me"

"I told him about you, you're going as my date"

"I'm not"

"What?" You stared at him, confused. "What do you mean?"

"Weddings are boring" he said, laughing, but you didn't find it funny. "Isn't your sister going? She can be your date"

You dragged yourself off his lap and stormed out of the room. That's when Matt knew he fucked up and he quickly rushed out of the room.

"Never mind" you shrugged, not looking at him. "I'm sorry I bothered to ask. I'll go with Grace"

"Don't be mad" he begged, pulling you into his chest and kissed your forehead. "Hey, if it means so much to you, I'll go with you, okay?"

"Really?" You looked at him, your eyes full of joy and Matt felt butterflies swarm his stomach.

"I mean, a wedding can't be boring if you're my date" he rolled his eyes playfully and you laughed. "I'm sorry I sounded like a dick"

"I'm happy now. I'm gonna go pick out a dress and you're gonna look so handsome in a suit"

"I believe you" he laughed, kissing you again.

~

Matt had a special thing for suits, though he didn't wear one often. He thought he looked good and powerful in it, which gave him confidence and he was excited to see your reaction when he put it on.

"Matt! Holy shit! What?"

Exactly what he expected.

"You look so good! My gorgeous man!" You cupped his cheek and admired him head to toe.

He was the most handsome guy in your eyes, so you didn't know how it was possible for him to look even more attractive in a suit. If only he knew how much you adored him.

"Okay, okay. Stop" Matt begged between laughs as you kissed his face.

He pulled away, holding your arms. "Why are you in your pyjamas? We're leaving in half an hour"

"Don't worry! I get ready fast" You assured him.

Thirty minutes later, you still weren't ready. You were trying to perfect your eyeliner. Matt saw this coming, so he didn't complain and he enjoyed watching TikTok's in the meantime.