31

"Jason!"

"Miss Cole, you can't-"

Jade raised her hand to tell Chloe shut up, causing her to back away in fear. She headed to the office, expecting to see Jason behind the desk. But it wasn't him, it was Maria.

The last time Jade met her was at her birthday party. Just like Jason, Maria's family did business with Jade's father. Jade cared more about the fact she saw Jason flirting with her after you left.

Maria never did anything mean to Jade, Jade didn't like her because her father kept comparing her to Maria.

"Why are you here?" Jade closed the door, crossing her arms over her chest as Maria stood up from the chair.

"Can't I come see my boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" Jade scoffed. "Wow, Jackson has a girlfriend! Is the world ending?"

"What's your problem?"

"It's just..odd" Jade laughed.

"Aren't you supposed to be in Rome right now?"

"Did Jason tell you?" Jade's eyes widened at the unexpected question, but she wasn't surprised. One person knew, the whole world knew.

"Your Dad did" she smirked. "Imagine being such a brat your own father has to send you away"

"I got a scholarship, idiot"

Ignoring the attitude, Jade narrowed her eyes and went to the desk to pick up the white envelope she saw on the pile of papers. Maria went to get it, but Jade quickly turned away to open it.

"He's invited to Y/N's wedding" She turned to smile at Maria. "You know her, right?"

"Yeah" Maria nodded, looking out at you through the glass window as you talked on the phone. "She's really nice"

"He isn't going, is he?"

"How do you know?" Maria laughed. "He said he has plans that day"

"Plans?" Jade let out a sarcastic laugh. Maria didn't know what was so funny, but she started to feel there was more going on. "How naive can you be?" Jade shook her head. "He made that up to not go because he's in love with her"

"No he's not. He said she was just an employee"

"And you believed him?" Jade put her hand on her chest, not surprised. "I'm sure anyone in this building can see how he looks at her. Did you know he gave her a wedding dress?"

"What?"

"Oh, you didn't know?" Jade fake gasped and clicked her tongue. "He did, and he was with her the night you two met"

"You little-"

"Are you gonna hit me?" Jade stepped forward. "If you don't believe me, ask your boyfriend. Imagine being so dumb to think you're first choice"

"Hey, babe, I- Jade?" Jason stood frozen at the door as Maria and Jade turned to face him. "What are you doing here?" He asked Jade, knowing she caused a problem.

"I came to take you to lunch to say goodbye, but you're-" Jade glared at Maria. "Busy. I'll come back tomorrow" Without a reply, Jade walked out the door, stopping when she got close to him and said out loud. "Congrats on getting the wedding invitation. I heard only close friends and family were invited. It's lovely she invited her boss"

Then Jade left, not forgetting to smirk at Maria before she did. Jason shut the door and asked Maria to tell him what Jade said. But the first thing she said was "you gave Y/N a wedding dress?"