36

"Kelsey, can you send me that email of the timeline? Leah, raise the target to five hundred for me, you can do better. Jay email me-"

"Mrs Sturniolo, coffee for you"

You looked at the new intern, who smiled at you and held out the coffee. Your name was on it, so it couldn't have been a mistake. You would've remembered ordering a black coffee, it was one thing you could never swallow.

"From Mr Cole"

Of course it is, you thought. You thanked her for the drink and brought it to Jason's office. If he wanted to keep you both alive in the same company, he had to stop with the gestures.

"You know I hate black coffee"

Jason looked up when you put the cup on his desk. The way you stood with your arms crossed made him smile. He pointed at the cup, keeping his gaze on you. "You might need it if your planning on pulling an all nighter again"

"How do you-"

"I sent you a text at 2am,asking you to edit a script for me, which would take an hour or two. Then I received the script at 3:45. My guess is you woke up at 2am or you didn't sleep at all" He paused and pointed his pen at you.

"I pulled an all nighter"

"See?" He laughed, tapping his head and making you laugh.

"You're a detective now? Maybe you should quit and work for the FBI"

"I promoted you last week and now you want to get rid of me?"

You shook your head, trying to hold back another smile, but you couldn't.

"Thanks for the coffee" you said, picking the cup back up and reaching for the door handle. "I hope this is the last time you buy me anything without my consent"

"Wait, Y/N!" Jason spoke up right before you could leave. So you turned back to him, both eyebrows raised. "Congratulations on your husband's new company."

That wasn't what you expected to hear.

"His what?" Your eye's widened more and your jaw dropped. Definitely not the reaction Jason expected.

"His Dad's company?"

"In San Francisco"

"Shit" Jason mumbled under his breath. You never doubted Matt until now. You walked towards Jason, slamming both hands on his desk.

"What do you know that I don't?"

Jason swallowed hard. He leaned back to keep his distance. He didn't want to be the first person you heard it from, but it wasn't the time to wonder why Matt wasn't.

"His dad..was going to sell the company to my family. But then Matt changed his mind and wanted to keep it"

"But he didn't want to move. I kept telling him-"

"That's why he's relocating the company here"

Your jaw dropped. It felt like someone dropped a bucket of ice over your head. You were hearing this from your boss, not your husband. And now you were angry.

This was the first day since joining the company, that you left early. In the Uber home, you'd already come with twenty ways to kill Matt. What was he thinking? Keeping something like this from you?

"Congratulations Mrs CEO"

"Fuck!" You yelled, causing David to jump in shock. "Did he tell you too?"

"Matt? No Lilly did!"

Okay, so Lilly knows which means Nate also knows. He'd rather tell those two before you. How lucky are you?