Imagine #11

Matt takes care of you when you're drunk

"Matt, let me sleep!"

"Sit still and stop talking!" Matt grumbled, one hand holding your chin to wipe your lipstick off. You glared at him, not pleased at being told what to do.

"You're not..the boss of me!" You slurred, running your hand through his hair and he had to hold down your hand so he could finish wiping off your makeup.

"I'm the sober one here, so yes, I'm the boss"

"Grumpy..." you furrowed your eyebrows. "Are you done?"

"Yeah" he nodded, letting you go.

You fell back on to the bed, sighing and watching your boyfriend stand up to throw your dirty makeup wipes into the trash. When he looked at you, you had the biggest smile on your face and he smiled back.

"Matt.." you whispered, laughing for no reason when he lay down beside you.

"Yeah?" He whispered, brushing your hair out of your face. You looked so beautiful right now. You always do.

After a minute of watching him in silence, you finally asked, "do you love me?"

"Of course I do" he assured, but his answer wasn't good enough.

"No" you shook your head. "You have to say it"

Your expression made him laugh, so he sighed happily. "I love you a lot"

"A lot a lot?"

"A lot a lot" he confirmed

Your expression softened when you heard that. You were satisfied with his answer, even though you already knew how he felt about you.

"Okay...I love you...a lot a lot too" you said, patting his cheek. "What about when I'm old and wrinkled? Will you still love me? Oh! What about when I die?"

You gasped, looking genuinely scared, which made him laugh. "I'll be an old ghost!"

"I'll still love ya" he smiled at the nonsense you were talking now. He couldn't lie, he found these conversations amusing.

"I'll be a ghost..." you laughed, throwing your hand in the air. "I'll haunt you and...and chase away new girls you bring home"

"I'll be very old when you become a ghost, can't bring girls home anymore" he joked, making you frown. "What if I die before you?"

"You can't!" You disagreed. "I'll die first so I wont- I won't have to live without you..."

"That's selfish"

"Or we can die at the same time and become two ghosts!"

Matt laughed at how elevated you looked. The butterflies in his stomach were out of control.

He stroked your hair, before leaning in and kissing your head.

"That's enough ghost talk for tonight. Let's get you dressed and get into bed, okay?"

You grabbed his wrist when he sat up. "Will you join me?"

"Where else would I sleep?" He laughed, helping you to sit up next to him.

"You sleep here to protect me, right?"

"That's right..."

Matt helped you out of bed and you stumbled into his arms.

"Have I told you I love you?" You asked, looking up at him with heavy eyes.

"You have" he said softly. "A lot"

"Good...because I do love you, Matt..."

Matt had his arms wrapped around your waist and he watched your eyes fall shut.

"I love you too" he said, even though you may not be listening anymore.