Imagine #8

You and Matt have a presentation, but he doesn't show up

You burst through the front door, full of rage. You knew it was a bad idea to pair up with Matt for this project, despite knowing how indifferent he was about this class anyway. He didn't go to the class today and you had to ask your teacher to move your presentation to tomorrow, even though you were ready today.

"Matthew Bernard Sturniolo! Get out here right now!" You yelled, banging on his bedroom door.

It took Matt a minute to speak up. "Go away!"

"You can't tell me to go away! You owe me an apology for not showing up!"

"Just-" he started and let out a groan, that shocked me. "Leave! I'm busy"

"Are you with someone in there?" If Matt had a girl in his room, you were going to kill him.

And, Matt knew it. So he opened the door, and your expression changed the minute you saw the bruises on his face and the marks on his arm.

"What...happened to you?" You asked, reaching out to touch his face, but he grabbed your wrist and set your arm down.

"I'm fine" he replied, too embarrassed to look at you. "My car broke down so I walked to the bus stop and...got hit by a motorcycle"

"What!?" Your eyes widened and you looked down at his wounded arm.

"I was going to go to the hospital...I came back to change and get my wallet"

He groaned when you touched a bruise on his forehead, despite him telling you not to. You looked worried, and he wasn't used to seeing you like this.

"Have you rinsed the wound?"

"Should I? I thought it would cause more pain" Matt was used to being taken care of by his Mom and brothers, so when it came to his own well-being, he didn't know what to do.

"These aren't bad, you don't need the hospital" you said, looking at the wounds. You weren't a medical student but you knew how to deal with these types of wounds.

"I'll get you cleaned up and put some bandages on it"

"I don't want water on them, it'll sting!"

"Do you want an infection?"

"No.."

"Then shut up and trust me" you said, cupping his cheek to turn his face to the side to get a better look at the bruises. The touch caused him to flinch, not because of the pain, but because it did the opposite.

"Thank you" Matt nodded, watching you turn your back and signal him to follow.

"By the way" you started when you reached the bathroom door. "Put some makeup on if you have to, we're doing the presentation tomorrow"