Imagine #6

Nick and you go shopping and you can't stop bringing up Matt

"This one?" You asked, holding up a blue dress in front of Nick.

Nick tilted his head to the side, trying to picture you wearing it, before shaking his head.

"No, definitely not"

"Weird, Matt would definitely say the same thing" you laughed, but as you put the dress back, your comment didn't pass Nick.

"What's weird is you bringing up my brother every three seconds"

You blushed when you heard that and did what you do best- get defensive whenever someone suspects you had a crush on Matt.

"I don't talk about him that much" you shrugged and turned away to look for another dress for your date with Madi's friend. You don't even know why you said yes when he asked, you really wanted to say no.

"You do talk about him that much. Earlier when we passed the store, you squealed because you saw a shirt that looked like one of Matt's"

"That's his favourite shirt!"you argued when Nick raised his eyebrow at her.

"It's a habit" you said, rolling your eyes. "We're just close, that's all"

"How close?"

"Nick!"

"What? He's my brother and I don't even think about him that much" he laughed as your face turned red.

You casually put on a fake smile, realising you were bad at pretending. Maybe it would work on someone else, but Nick isn't like the others

"Matt means a lot to me...as friends! It's hard not to get attached to someone who's been through a lot with you. He'll always have a special place in my heart, just not in the way you think"

"How do you know what I think?"

"Stop" you laughed and Nick laughed as well.

"Have you ever told him what you told me?"

"Of course not!" You shook your head and laughed, as if telling Matt what he meant to you was the silliest thing in the world. "I'm always the sentimental one. Even if he feels the same, he won't show it. I'm used to it"

You finished and walked ahead, ending Nick's questioning before he learned too much. But, he already knew enough.