43

You were pregnant.

The doctor confirmed it, a pregnancy test confirmed it and so did the morning sickness. It was official. You were pregnant.

Before this, you were depressed thinking you and Matt may never not have children of your own. Now that you were having one, you became nervous and anxious. You blamed it on your body changing. The baby was probably not even...a baby yet, and you had already come up with a bunch of different scenarios where you turned out to be an awful parent.

"Holy shit!!"

Matt burst through the door. He was still in his suit and his face was pale. But he just saw you and Lilly, sitting on your bed, blinking at you.

"Who screamed?"

"Lilly did" you said, smiling. "I told her the news"

"I cannot believe I'm going to be a godmother" Lilly smiled at Matt. "Why are you holding a frying pan?"

You laughed as Matt lowered the pan and rolled his eyes. "I didn't have time to choose my weapon when I heard you scream. I thought my babies were hurt"

"Ew?"

"Not you, Lilly. I mean Y/N and our actual baby"

Lilly ignored him and turned back to you. "He's going to be using plural nouns from now on, isn't he?"

"He has been since the doctors visit" you shrugged and lifted your face for Matt to kiss. Lilly sighed, watching you both.

"I'm so excited for you guys and for me! When I was little, I always wanted to be Cinderella and now I'm about to be a Godmother"

"Who said anything about-" all it took was a glare from Lilly for Matt to change his opinion. "Yes! You'll be the best Godmother"

"I'm sorry, baby Sturniolo" Lilly leaned down to your non existent bump. "Your Daddy is a fake"

"And your aunt Lilly is a bully"

"Godmother!"

Matt smirked as Lilly flipped him off and he dropped his head to kiss you again, one hand under your chin and the other hand on your stomach. "I'm going to have a shower. You two have fun without me"

"Don't worry" Lilly smiled. "We always have fun without you"

"Real mature guys. I can totally see myself trusting you two with this child" you laughed as Matt walked away after pulling a funny face at Lilly.

"Love you, darlings" he said. "And that plural noun doesn't include you Lilly"

"Thank you!" Lilly shouted at the closed door, making you laugh.

"He's very excited" you said when Matt was gone. Smiling, you messed with the hem of your skirt.

"What's wrong? Why are you upset?"

"I'm not!" You scrunched up your face. "I'm fine"

"You blink a lot when you lie"

"I do not"

"Here she goes again" Lilly scoffed. "I don't get it. You're finally pregnant. Matt's falling more in love with you. I didn't think it was possible" she bit her lip and shrugged. "So maybe instead of looking terrible when he looks away, you should be happy"

"I'm not unhappy, I'm just.." you paused, searching for the right word. "Worried" you took a deep breath and continued. "What if I'm a terrible mother? What if Matt's the favourite and I'm the one my kid lies to and keeps secrets from? What if it hates us?"