18

Nate was in Central Park with his friends when he got a phone call from Matt. Matt normally texted Nate if he wanted to talk, so Nate thought this was an emergency.

Nate fell behind the group of friends to answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Dude, I'm coming to New York tonight"

"That's not funny, man"

"I'm not kidding. I'm at the airport"

It took Nate a minute, before he started laughing, holding his fist to his mouth. "Holy fuck man! I have to tell everyone, I have to tell Y/N"

"No! I want to surprise her" Matt laughed. "Text me the hotel's address"

"Okay"

"Nate, hurry up!" Chris called in annoyance because everyone had to stop and wait for Nate. Nate didn't want to get in trouble, so he rushed towards them.

"Have you spoken to Lilly yet?"

"No" Nate sighed. "It's been a month since her birthday and not a single word. I'll tell you when you get here"

"Okay, have fun"

"Okay" Nate laughed and put his phone away, just in time when he reached his friends.

"Who called you?" Nick asked.

"Your girlfriend?" Madi jumped in.

Lilly didn't say anything but you could see the sadness in the way she looked at the ground. You draped your arm over her shoulder and rubbed her arm.

Nate's girlfriend was supposed to be on the trip, but she couldn't. That's why Eddie came along, to take her place so the plane ticket wouldn't be a waste.

"It's Matt" Nate told you all. "He called to check on Y/N"

Lilly rolled her eyes and walked ahead when she heard that. You smiled and grabbed her arm, asking her to slow down.

"Look at you being loved, I can't relate" she smirked, looking at you.

"When are you going to talk to Nate again?"

"When I want to. Right now, I don't"

"Lilly-"

She turned to face you. Everyone else went to get ice cream so nobody paid attention.

"You can't change my mind. He deserves this. I've known him for the longest time, but he told everyone about his new relationship before he told me"

"Lilly! Y/N!" Eddie called, waving his hand in the air, waving you over to the group.

~

Matt and Gina arrive at the hotel in New York at seven in the evening, both exhausted from the long flight.

"I can't believe we didn't get first class seats" Matt complained, dragging his suitcase behind him.

Gina opened the door and gave him a look. "We have to share a room and you expected them to put us in first class?"

"You represent the CEO on this trip. At least they should-" Matt cut himself off when he saw the room. At this point, he hoped they got wrong keys because...

"Why's there only one bed?"

"Crap.." Gina exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air. "Harry booked this room on purpose. He knew how much I hated him so he wanted us to share a bed"

"He knew I was coming"

"The room had already been booked"

Gina rolled her eyes and dragged her suitcase inside anyway. She took her jacket off and lay it on the bottom of the bed and Matt stayed by the door.