26

"Which colour wedding dress would look good on me?"

David moved closer to you to have a better look at the pictures in the magazine you were holding.

"Aren't they all white?"

His question turned yours and Lilly's attention away from the glamour of the wedding pictures. Lilly turned to Beck and scoffed. "Why did you get so offended when I said your ivory shirt was white, when the guy you're dating, is colourblind?"

"First of all" Beck raised a finger, unhappy with Lilly's remark. "That shirt was obviously ivory, even Matt could tell"

You couldn't help but laugh. It was true. If Matt was here, he'd of been as confused as David by now.

"And, David and I may be Milo's god parents but we aren't dating. Two gay people can be friends, alright?"

"Sorry, honey. I can't defend someone who doesn't know there are different shades of white"

You and Lilly exchanged a look, both unconvinced there was nothing going on between them. You knew they were spending a lot of time together and not just with Milo.

"Questions!" Beck quickly raised his hand as if he was in a class. "Shouldn't you discuss these things with Matt first? I'm surprised we're choosing the wedding venue too, what if he doesn't like it?"

"Matt and I share the work" you answered. "He let me decide the venue, date, theme, decorations, food.."

"So the whole wedding?"

Lilly's comment made you roll your eyes. "And he'll be doing the guest list because he knows more people than I do"

"Sounds like that Matt I know" Lilly gave you a shrug. "He's always hated weddings, he only likes it for you"

You smiled. You always had a big smile on your face when you spoke about Matt. Being together for so long and now getting married, nobody knew how you could be still so in love with each other.

"I'm trying to have a few venues picked out today, so we can have a chill Valentine's Day tomorrow"

This year, you and Matt decided not to get each other anything. You were just going to spend time together, doing things you enjoyed.

"Speaking of.." David exchanged looks with Lilly and Beck, not sure if he should tell you this because you were his friend, but he ended up telling you anyway. "Shouldn't you be worried your future husband is with another girl the day before Valentine's? I wouldn't be as calm as you are, especially when that girl has a huge crush on my man"

Beck gasped when he heard what David said. "Wait, he's with that Jade girl right now?"

"Yeah" you nodded and your calm reaction shocked them. "They're not hanging out. Her car broke down and she called Matt to pick her up from her campus"

"You're telling me, little miss rich couldn't call one of her drivers to pick her up?" Lilly scoffed, staring at you.

"I trust Matt, okay? You don't have to worry because I don't. He's loyal" you said, smiling at her.

The discussion about your fiancé and the girl who had a crush on him, was cut short when your phone dinged with a text message. Judging by your face when you read it, Beck asked who had been texting the whole morning.

"My new boss. I'll call him back later"

You put your phone down, not replying to the texts. It was the weekend and you had a wedding to plan which was more important. You put your phone on airplane mode and assumed it would solve the problem.