Imagine #13

Matt overhears someone say he isn't good enough for you

"So, Matt's dating his roommate now? Isn't she a little church girl?"

"Dude, if Matt heard you say that, he'd kick your ass!"

"Relax, Mia. It was a joke. I like her, she's just too good for him. You're his friend and you know he doesn't care about any girl he hooks up with! It's only a matter of time before she finds someone better"

Mia immediately stood up and walked out of the coffee shop. She was glad Matt wasn't there to hear that, but unfortunately Matt heard everything. He was sat in the booth behind them and they didn't know he was there.

Matt usually doesn't care about what anyone says about him. But today, on his way back to the apartment, he couldn't stop thinking about what he heard.

You came home a while later and found Matt sitting in the kitchen.

"I'm home!" You said cheerfully and his head snapped in your direction. "I had a presentation today which didn't go well because Molly screwed up with the PowerPoint, but...Matt? Are you okay?"

Has he been crying?

You pulled out a chair and sat down next to him.  "Babe, what's wrong?"

"You know I love you, right?" He asked, looking at you with tear filled eyes.

"Of course I do" you nodded, confused and worried.

"I only want you"

"I know. Tell me what's going on"

"Y/N...I don't want you to leave"

"I'm not leaving! Where's that coming from?" You furrowed your eyebrows at him and stroked his cheek. He immediately grabbed the hand you had on his cheek.

"You're too good for me and...I don't deserve you"

"That's stupid!" You said, making him laugh. "To me, you've always been more than the person think you are. So whoever gave you the idea that I didn't deserve you, is an asshole, okay? I know you better than them...and I'm not leaving"

"Not even if you find someone better?"

"There's no one better" you laughed at how he pouted like a little kid and you ran your fingers through his hair. "We're talking about you, the guy who alone, took care of me when I was sick, who saved my life when we nearly died in a haunted house-" he laughed at the dramatic look on your face. "Who stayed up all night to help me study, who sacrificed Christmas with his family to stay here with me. I dare name someone better than him"

"There's a guy in-"

"Matt!" You cut him off, smiling. "Just shut up and take the compliment!"

"Okay...compliment received" he smiled back, in a much better mood and you thanked god for that.

"Tell me  you love me" he asked after you pecked his lips.

"I love you. I love you so much. But I also love food and I'm hungry, so can we please have dinner now?"

"Okay, let's get dinner"

You watched as Matt walked to the fridge and you couldn't help but smile to yourself. No matter how much you think you love him, you
certainly loved him much more than that.