23

When it came to you, Matt got jealous for the stupidest reasons. It could be a look from a guy at an event, or if a neighbour touched your arm for too long.

You told him that he had to trust you if he wanted the relationship to last and he told you that he trusted you, just not them. You were kind, which made many people love you, but it was frustrating because we often mistake kindness for affection.

It began when Brian, the doorman, passed away and a replacement arrived a day later. This guy was much younger than Brian, but older than you and Matt. Matt didn't know much about him, only that his name was David and he didn't say hello..to Matt at least.

He wasn't as good looking as Matt, but somehow the old ladies in the building liked him a lot because he gave out 'positive vibes' to everyone, except Matt.

"Evening, Y/N! Hello, Milo!"

Matt rolled his eyes, following you as you held Milo towards the elevator, feeling David's eyes on you both until you were out of sight.

"I told you! He hates me" Matt sighed once the elevator doors closed and started moving up.

"You never talked to him, Matt. You can't expect someone to be nice to you if you give them death stares" you said, smiling at him. Milo barked to agree with you, leaving Matt on his own.

"Milo never talked to him. He's a dog"

"He plays with David all the time"

Matt furrowed his eyebrows at the dog. "Daddy is disappointed"

You just laughed and stepped out of the elevator. You got to the apartment and Matt searched for the key in your bag, that he was carrying for you.

"I'm not paranoid" he said, unlocking the door. "You should have seen his face this morning when you wore that skirt"

As you walked into the apartment, you raised an eyebrow. "Was that why you asked me if I wanted to change? So he wouldn't stare?"

"Yeah, but.." he looked at you, trying to come up a good reason. "I didn't want you to get cold"

His answer made you laugh. Matt Sturniolo everyone, the one and only man you've ever loved.

~

A few days later, Matt came home and found you talking to David. You were too busy laughing at something he said and you didn't notice Matt's arrival.

Matt clenched his jaw and intended to walk over and interrupt the conversation, when suddenly David reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear like Matt normally did.

That was the final straw.

Without thinking, Matt stormed towards you and David and called you by your nickname, which got your attention right away. You smiled as soon as you saw him.

"You're home early" you said, leaning in for a kiss, but you became startled when Matt pulled you close and kissed your lips. Of course you would be more than willing to be kissed like that, but not when your new friend was watching. You gently pushed Matt away.

"Happy to see me?" You smiled at him and Matt smiled back at you.

"Very" he said, grabbing your hand. "Let's go"

Matt ignored David's existence, not giving you a chance to say goodbye. That was when you realised what was going on.

When you got into the elevator, you turned to look at him. "What was that about?"

"He was touching your hair. I should be the one asking that question"

"He was being friendly"

"What friend does that? You don't see me do that to Lilly or Madi? None of my friends do it to you, right?"