A for Asshole

Aria's Pov

"Relax, it's just me." The figure says. I widen my eyes, not believing what I was hearing.

"Caleb?" I ask hesitantly. He walks forward.

"Yeah?" He asks. I let out a sigh bigger than I knew I could make.

"Ezra, they're over here!" Caleb calls down the hallway.

"We thought you were A!" Spencer says, only slightly annoyed.

"Sorry." He replies innocently. His eyes land on Hanna, and he immediately runs over to her.

"What happened?!" Caleb chokes out.

"It was A." Emily says quietly. Caleb studies Hanna for a moment, before going over to the sink to get more paper towel.

"We need to take her to the hospital. Her cut looks pretty deep." Spencer says.

I hear footsteps behind me and turn around, seeing Ezra walk into the room.

"Ezra," I sigh as I fall into his arms. He holds me tight, instantly making me feel safe.

"We're gonna get out of here." Ezra says softly "It's going to be okay." I nod into his chest, wishing I could teleport back to the apartment.

"I've got her." I hear Caleb say behind me. I pull out of Ezra's embrace to look at what everyone else is doing. Caleb holds Hanna bridal-style, her makeshift paper towel bandages piled on her head even more.

"Let's go." Caleb says, walking toward the door. I look at the floor where she was laying.

"Wait!" I yell. Caleb turns to look at me, waiting for what I needed to say.

"We can't leave Hanna's blood on the floor, they'll notice. They could do a DNA test and trace it back to her." I say.

"Right," Spencer says "Good thinking. We should probably clean that up."

After finding some Mr. Clean under the sink, we scrub Hanna's blood off the floor.

"Shit." Spencer says "What do we do with the bloody paper towels, we can't put them in the garbage."

"Is there garbage bags under the sink? We can put it in there and throw it out somewhere else." Emily suggests. I run to the sink and open the cupboards, grabbing a black garbage bag from the roll. We drop the blood-soaked paper towels into the bag, then tie it tight.

"Ok, let's go." I say, more than eager to get out of here. We all walk toward the front door, no one saying anything. When Ezra effortlessly pushes the door open, I can't help but get confused.

"How did you open the door?" I ask once we get outside. The twilight air is still quite warm, one of the perks of summer. I slip my hand into Ezra's as we walk back to the car.

"Caleb unlocked it again. We got worried because you guys were in there for a while, so we came to check if everything was still okay. When we found out the doors were locked, we knew it had something to do with A, because we never locked them." Ezra explains. We all get in the car, positioning Hanna in the backseat between me and Caleb. I wince as I look at the blood soaked into her blonde hair.

"Caleb don't forget to lock the doors again." I say to him.

"Right! Thanks for reminding me." He says, pulling out his laptop and typing in a complicated series of letters and numbers into an even more complicated looking program. The way technology works literally hurts my brain. I don't get how Caleb knows how to do everything he does.

My thoughts get interrupted by movement beside me.

"Hanna?" I ask quietly. She moves her hand up to her forehead, her eyes squeezed shut. Caleb gently grabs her arm and pulls it back down before she can touch the wad of paper towel covering her wound.