How to Lose a Girl

One Month Later
Aria's Pov

"Wow, it's snowing a lot out there." Ezra says as I lean against him. I grab the blanket from the arm of the couch and pull it over both of us.

"It looks like we'll have a white Christmas after all." I smile, watching the delicate snowflakes fall to the ground. The fireplace crackles happily, sending warmth throughout the entire house. Our Christmas tree twinkles merrily in the corner of the room, presents already piled underneath. With Christmas only ten days away, I've definitely gotten into the spirt. Ezra's reindeer soap dispenser is even filled with gingerbread scented soap in the bathroom.

"Alright, the movie is ready, which means that the annual watching of Miracle on 34th Street is about to begin." Ezra says in an announcer voice, pressing the play button on the remote. Every year at Christmas time, Ezra and I watch the same exact movie, it's kind of a tradition. Plus, Miracle on 34th Street is probably the best Christmas movie in all of existence.

As the movie starts, I kiss Ezra's warm lips, unintentionally smiling as I do. Cuddling up on the couch with Ezra at Christmas time is one of my favourite things, something about it just makes me so happy. The farther we get into the movie, the more comfortable and relaxed I get, and I can feel my eyelids slowly begin to droop.

Suddenly, I'm awakened by a very familiar feeling. Piper kicking. I smile and place my hand on my humongous 8-month-pregnant belly, waiting for her to kick again. Just as she does, Ezra places his hand on my stomach, smiling down at me. We both wait in awe for more movement, our hands caressing my giant belly.

"Woah! That was a big one!" Ezra exclaims as Piper kicks again "Living up to her name as baby backflip!" A couple weeks ago, Ezra nicknamed Piper 'baby backflip', as he jokes that she's doing backflips sometimes. If I didn't know better, I'd think so too.

"Ezra." I say quietly, my eyes slightly widened.

"What?" He asks quickly, looking panicked.

"Piper is due exactly one month today." I reply "Can you believe that we get to meet our daughter in only a month?" As Ezra realizes it, a smile grows on his face.

"Wow." He says "Only one month. If you think about it this way, it's four weeks. Or thirty days. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard." I laugh, staring down at my stomach.

"Yeah, it's pretty crazy." I agree, imagining what it'll be like when Piper finally comes. I'm partly nervous, but I've also never been more excited for anything in my entire life.

"What do you think she'll look like?" Ezra asks, gently rubbing my belly. I look down at my round stomach, trying to find an answer to his question.

"She'll have your eyes." I say, keeping my gaze on my bump.

"She'll have your lips." Ezra tells me "And maybe your nose, too." I smile, picturing our little girl who I know will be beautiful no matter what.

"I love Piper so much, I can't wait to finally hold her in my arms." I say as she kicks again.

"Yeah, I love our baby girl." Ezra agrees, kissing my huge baby bump. I smile as I imagine Ezra holding a tiny newborn little girl. Not just any little girl, our little girl.

Ezra and I cuddle together for a little longer, enjoying the sound of the crackling fire and the feeling of our daughters kicks. It never gets tiresome watching my stomach move weirdly from Piper's movement.