Out With a Bang

Three Days Later
Aria's Pov

The sound of Piper's cries wake me from my sleep. Even though I want to stay in bed, I force myself to get up and tend to my daughters needs. She still wails loudly even after I lift her from her crib, although I know it's because she's hungry. As I begin to breastfeed Piper, Ezra wakes up and rolls over to face me, giving me a lopsided smile.

"Morning," He yawns, rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning." I reply, yawning after seeing him do so.

"How'd you sleep other than that random hour last night when Piper decided she was wide awake?" Ezra laughs tiredly. I just scoff lightly, remembering sitting with her at nearly 3am because she wanted to do anything but sleep.

"I think it was just because her nap yesterday was extra long." I say "But she was just so cuddly I couldn't bring myself to wake her."

"But were those cuddles really worth it at 3am when all you wanted to do is sleep?" Ezra jokes.

"Debatable." I reply "Her cuddles are pretty spectacular."

"Oh I know." He says "And after the little monkey is done eating, I get her."

"Is that right?" I ask with a grin.

"Yeah, I'd say it is." Ezra nods.

"Fine, but only because I'm desperate for a shower that definitely should've happened before today. I just got a little sidetracked." I admit.

"Hey, happens to the best of us." He shrugs "But I was thinking, only if you want, I'm up for a shower as well."

"Ezra, that wasn't an invitation to join me." I laugh "I seriously need to shower, like really shower."

"I know, so do I." He says "Let's save water and shower together."

I chuckle loudly "Okay, but I actually need to wash my hair and stuff, so come in a few minutes after me. Just go and ask Mike to keep an eye on Piper."

"You've got yourself a deal." Ezra agrees enthusiastically. After Piper is finished eating, I hand her off to a more than excited Ezra, who gladly holds our once again sleepy daughter. But that's pretty much how babies are at her age; eat, sleep, repeat. With of course the occasion of crying nonstop for no reason.

Once I've finished washing my hair that was long overdue for a shower, I hastily shave my legs and call Ezra in. I quickly fix my sopping wet hair so it's out of my face, squeezing some of the water out of it.

"K, I'm just gonna give Piper to Mike!" Ezra calls back. As I stand under the hot water and wait, I let my mind wander to think about the events of the last couple of days. Mike sneaking out, our Dad forcing him to move to Grand Rapids, everything that goes along with all that. I tried and tried to convince my Dad to let Mike stay here in Rosewood, but he wouldn't budge. Hours of arguing with him over the phone, hours that were wasted.

"Aria?" I hear Ezra's voice through the bathroom door.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Where's Mike?" He asks.

"What do you mean?" I question "Probably in his room or downstairs."

"I looked," Ezra says "He's not here. Did he maybe go to the store or something?"

"Not that I know of," I tell him hesitantly "Is he in the bathroom?"

"No, I checked the one across from his room and the one downstairs." He replies. Instantly, my mind jumps to a whole bunch of bad conclusions on where Mike could be. I try to suppress them, but it makes me so paranoid that I know I can't possibly ignore it.