Guilty of Innocence

Aria's Pov

The melodic sound of my alarm clock wakes me from my slumber. I must've fallen asleep holding Ezra's hand, because our fingers still lay intertwined in the centre of the bed. Gently pulling my hand from his, I reach over to the side table and turn the alarm off on my phone. I tiredly rub my eyes as Ezra sits up, doing the same as me.

"5:30 already?" He sighs, letting out an impressive yawn.

"I guess so." I reply, letting my eyes close again. But before I fall back asleep, I force them open. We can't afford to sleep any longer, leaving this early in the morning will give us a head start at getting away from A.

"Well, I should go wake the girls up." I say tiredly "I told them I would."

"Okay." He replies "I'll get Piper ready." After, shoving my feet into my shoes, I walk out of the hotel room to the door next to ours. I knock three times, getting no response.

"Emily, Spencer, Hanna." I call sleepily "Open up." After a few more seconds of no reply, there's finally an exasperated sigh from inside the room.

"Not it." I hear Spencer say.

Emily follows quickly "Not it."

"Han, that's you." Spencer yawns. Everything's silent for a moment, until there's a frustrated groan that's clearly from our usually-sleeps-till-noon friend.

"Fuck you guys." She groans. I can't help but laugh. After a begrudging sigh, there's a squeak of someone getting off a mattress, followed by heavy footsteps. Finally, a deadbolt lock clicks and the door swings open. Hanna stands with her eyes closed, her messy bun even messier than it was last night.

"Good morning." I chuckle. She just yawns loudly, keeping her eyes closed and letting her head tip to the side.

"You're not actually falling asleep again, are you?" I question, eyeing her cautiously.

"Huh?" She replies groggily, opening her eyes slightly.

"Nevermind." I laugh "But if I leave, you're not all going to fall back asleep are you?"

"No, I'm up." Emily says, practically rolling out of the bed.

"Same here." Spencer adds, sitting up and stretching her arms above her head.

"Okay, meet in the lobby in say...ten minutes?" I ask.

"Yeah, that's doable." Spencer agrees, yawning loudly. I say a quick goodbye before going back to my own hotel room. Ezra has our suitcases done up and Piper buckled into her car seat, a thick baby blanket covering her.

"Everything's ready to go." He sighs "All of our stuff is in the suitcases, Piper's changed and in her car seat, and...shit."

"What?" I ask worriedly.

"Piper should probably be fed now, that way we don't have to stop again when she gets hungry in a little while." He says. I take my sleeping daughter back out of her car seat, untucking the blanket and undoing the seatbelt. I gently bounce her so she wakes up, knowing we have to do this quick if we want to be out of here in ten minutes.

"Hopefully this works," I say to Ezra "You know how she is; won't eat unless she's legitimately hungry." He gives me a worried look, glancing down at Piper.

"Well, it's pretty close to when she normally eats in the morning, anyway." He replies "Maybe she won't notice that it's a little earlier." I just give him a hopeful smile, before focusing my attention back on Piper. She lays awake in my arms, staring up at me with her dark blue eyes. Just looking at my beautiful baby girl makes me so much happier, and even though I could stare at her forever, I know we don't have a lot of time. I try and feed her, but she wants absolutely nothing to do with it. I keep trying, but she'll only participate long enough to get half a swallow of milk, at most.