Kiss Your Freedom Goodbye

*Ezra's Pov*

"There's no loophole Hanna!" Spencer yells, her eyes widening "We don't have another choice!" Hanna looks defeated, and doesn't argue back. She knows the truth, we all do. A doesn't joke around, we're going to have to get Aria back by ourselves.

Since A sent us that message about ten minutes ago, I haven't been able to think clearly. I don't know what to do with myself anymore. Part of me feels like punching something to release some of my anger, and another part just wants to curl up in a ball in cry. But neither of those things will help bring back the love of my life.

"A is terrible." Emily says to no one in particular "What kind of sick person could do something like this? All of it's messed up, every single bit. What did we do wrong? What did Aria do wrong? She doesn't deserve this, it shouldn't have been her." She picks nervously at her nails, looking like she could burst into tears at any moment.

"A is just a horrible person." Hanna agrees "But we're going to find Aria, police or not."

Spencer nods "I just don't know where to start looking. Part of me thinks that maybe if we tell the police, they'll be able to find Aria before anything worse happens to her. But another part of me knows that A will do something worse to her before the police have a chance to find her."

"We can't risk it, you know A is serious." Emily says.

"I know." Spencer sighs. A growing silence spreads over us, leaving my thoughts to practically eat me alive.

"Is there anything you want to say, Ezra?" Emily asks innocently. I open my mouth, but any words that I was planning to say get caught in my throat. I haven't spoken a word since I got that text from A.

"I-uh..." I manage to choke out. Luckily, Hanna saves me from having to try and say another word.

"It's okay Ezra." She says quickly. I nod and run my fingers through my hair, just wanting to get Aria back home safe. I want to hold her in my arms and never let her go, kiss her until I run out of breath, and then keep going. I just want Aria back, and I won't rest until she's home safe.

~~~

*Aria's Pov*

I lean over in the corner of the room, dry heaving violently. I've already thrown up all the food in my stomach, so there's absolutely nothing left. I don't know if this is from morning sickness or something else, but I hate it.

I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand, wishing I had something to rinse my mouth out. Or even better: a way out of this room.

I've had absolutely zero luck at escaping so far, and my chances are seeming even slimmer as the minutes pass. The door won't open, the bars on the window won't budge, and my hope is slowly fading. Maybe I have no choice but to wait here until I get found, or until A needs me for something else. What is my purpose here anyway? Sitting behind a locked door in the dark isn't doing anything, but A must be planning something else terrible if he's keeping me here. I can't think of another reason why he would, if not just to prove he's just as ruthless as he's always been.

Even though I'm trying hard not to let it, my hope of getting out of here by myself is slowly diminishing. I'd like to think that I'll be back at home before the sun rises, but I'm afraid that's just not the case.

I sit back down on the bed, my limbs feeling not unlike lead. I've searched this room up and down for a way to escape, but I haven't had a single ounce of luck. All I want to do is break down in tears. I'm not getting out of here as soon as I thought I would be.

~~~

*Ezra's Pov*

"Guys I think I found something!" Emily yells from across the yard. We're back at Hanna's house, the last place Aria was seen before she was taken. We need to start somewhere, and the beginning is a good place.

"What is it?" Toby asks quickly, hurrying over to where Emily stands. Both Toby and Caleb rushed to come help us find Aria the second they were told she was missing, and I'm so grateful to have their help.

"I-I think it's her cellphone." Emily says shakily, reaching to pick something up from the grass. I walk over to her, closely followed by Hanna, Spencer, and Caleb.

"That's hers." I say as my eyes land on the phone.

"It must've fallen out of her pocket when A took her." Spencer says nervously.

"Dammit." Caleb says angrily.

"What?" Hanna asks quickly, concern on her face.

"I was hoping Aria's phone was with her, that way I could've tracked where she is." Caleb explains "But it won't do us any good if we have it here."

"If she had her phone with her, I'm sure Aria would've used it to call for help by now." Hanna says.

At Hanna's words, I notice a nervous look on Spencer's face, which I know is also on my own. It's because we're both sharing the same thought: What if Aria's not even awake?

"We can check if she has any recent texts from A. Maybe they might give us some sort of clue." Toby suggests, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Here, I know the password." I choke out as Emily turns Aria's phone on. I take it in my hand, smiling slightly as I realize that Aria once held this in her own. I miss her dainty fingers intertwined with mine, keeping our hands locked together. Her fingers that would massage the cramps out of my hand after I'd been writing for too long. I miss everything about Aria, every single detail. From her cuddly late-night hugs, to the lines she gets near her mouth when she smiles. There's not a single thing that I don't love about Aria Montgomery.

I look at the screen of her phone, smiling as I see her lock screen picture. It's a picture of our baby from the latest ultrasound appointment. Our sweet little miracle. I'll do anything to get the two loves of my life home safe.

I type in Aria's password, then click on her text messages. I scroll until I find the thread titled 'unknown'. Everyone crowds around me, staring at the glowing phone screen.

"There's no new messages," Spencer says before I have a chance to speak "I've seen all these ones already." I turn the phone off and shove it in my pocket, feeling defeated. I just want Aria safe.

A familiar noise snaps me out of my thoughts. I recognize it as my phone, then frantically fish it out of my pocket. I don't know who I'm expecting it to be, but part of me is hoping that it's Aria who somehow got ahold of another phone. My heart sinks when I see that it's the exact opposite. I open the message, already hating the words on the screen.

Do as I say, or you-know-who gets hurt. Her parents are planning to repair their relationship with their daughter. Change that. It's either her happiness, or her safety. You choose.
-A