Around the Clock Sickness

*Later that night*
*Aria's Pov*

I turn on the shower and step in, letting the warm water pour down my body. I close my eyes and try to relax, today's events starting to catch up to me. I mean what is up with Lucas? I try and forget about it, just for a moment. I take a deep breath, thinking about what makes me the happiest: My baby.

I place a hand gently on my bump, smiling at how much bigger it's getting. My baby is growing, slowly but surely. In just over two weeks, I have an ultrasound appointment where I'll hopefully find out the gender. I say hopefully because sometimes, depending on how the baby is laying, the ultrasound technician can't tell yet. I really hope my baby is positioned so that the technician can tell the gender easily. I'm getting really anxious to know, and so is Ezra.

After shampooing and conditioning my hair, I get out of the shower. I dry off and throw on one of Ezra's old Hollis T-shirts, gently patting my belly through it. I exit the bathroom and walk over to the bed, where Ezra lays reading a book. I look at the clock: 10:23pm. Ezra usually reads before we go to sleep.

"Hello, beautiful." He says, putting his arm around me. I can't help but laugh lightly, considering the fact that I'm wearing an old T-shirt and my hair is in wet strands.

"Hey handsome." I reply with a grin. He chuckles and kisses my forehead, making me blush.

"How was your shower?" He asks, eyeing my damp hair.

"Refreshing," I say "Although I can't stop thinking about Lucas and his mom. Or, lack of mom." I laugh, as does Ezra.

"Well, don't let it worry you too much." Ezra says "Stress isn't good for the baby." I smile, loving hearing Ezra say 'the baby'.

"Guess what." I say to Ezra.

"What?" He asks.

"In just over two weeks, we get to find out the gender of our little peanut." I say, smiling.

"I know," Ezra says as he puts his hand on my stomach "I've been counting down."

"You have?" I ask quietly. He nods.

"That makes me so happy." I say, now grinning widely. Ezra kisses me, one hand on my baby bump as he does. When we pull away, I notice the ever-present twinkle in Ezra's eyes. I smile, loving the look of passion that almost always goes along with it. That's another amazing thing about Ezra: When he loves something, he's so passionate about it. He has a one track mind, he doesn't give up. I hope our child inherits that trait.

"So do you still think we're having a little boy?" Ezra asks, now gently rubbing my bump. I shrug, remembering when we revealed to each other the gender that we think our baby is.

"I guess," I reply "A little you would be adorable." Ezra smiles, pulling me into a hug.

"I still think we're going to have little you," Ezra says "She's going to have your lips, your nose, and your beautiful smile." Hearing his words, I can't help but smile.

"Yeah, that one!" Ezra exclaims as I grin.

"But Ezra, imagine a little boy with a laugh just like yours, and that same slightly-mischievous twinkle that you sometimes get in your eyes." I gush, imagining Ezra and I with a little boy is making me happy beyond words. Of course, I know I'll be just as happy if we end up having a little girl. I honestly don't care which gender we have, Ezra and I will, and already do, love our baby more than anything. The gender won't change a single thing.

"Mischievous twinkle?" Ezra questions, using the grin that I love so much.

"Yeah, sometimes you get a little mischievous twinkle in your eye. Not in a bad way, just in a curious or playful way." I explain.