Bestfriends Make Good Babysitters

Three Hours Later
Aria's Pov

We pull into the driveway of our house, which I've missed more than I realized. The girls' cars are all parked in front of the house, either in the driveway or on the side of the road. I excitedly get out of the car and walk up to the front door, almost going to knock then remembering it's my house.

"We're home!" I call as I step inside. Surprisingly, I get no response.

"Hello?" I ask as I walk into the living room. Right in front of me, Emily, Spencer, and Hanna lay sprawled out on the couches, fast asleep. Ezra walks in behind me and chuckles, placing his hands on my shoulders.

"Looks like they realized taking care of a baby is harder than it seems." He says quietly.

"Cheapest and most effective birth control method." I joke.

"You've got that right." Spencer replies groggily from the recliner chair.

"Hey, you're awake." I laugh "How were the past few days?"

"They were good." She says "I think we all had fun, as well as some lack of sleep. We're just catching up while Piper naps."

"That's always a good idea." I nod "Was she okay without Ezra and I here? Happy like usual, or a bit off? I think she's just about started teething, so that could've affected things."

"She was a little bit more fussy at first because she just wanted you guys, but once she realized she was stuck with the girls and I for the time being she was fine." Spencer replies "It was nice spending time with her, even when she cried. Well, a little less when she cried."

"I'm glad everything went well." I smile "I was nervous that it wouldn't."

"She was with us, what could go wrong?" Spencer chuckles "Well as long as Em and I were here, I'm not sure I'd leave Hanna alone overnight with Piper."

"What? Why?" I question.

"There were a couple times she'd completely sleep through the crying, even though we were in the same room as Piper." Spencer laughs.

"Well that's just Hanna for ya." I chuckle, looking over at my blonde friend asleep on the couch.

"If you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go see my babygirl." I say giddily "Feel free to keep napping." Without waiting for a response, I hurry upstairs and into Piper's room. I watch her as she sleeps soundly in her crib, taking in how perfect my little girl is. Ezra joins me, and we just stare at our daughter in complete silence and awe.

After a few minutes, Piper wakes up and rolls onto her stomach, looking directly at Ezra and I. And even better, she cracks a toothless, gummy smile.

"Hi baby," I coo, reaching down and lifting her into my arms "I missed you Piper girl, so so much. Mommy missed you." I hug her gently, taking in her sweet baby scent.

"Daddy missed you too Pipe," Ezra says from beside me "We were only gone four days, but it was four days too long." Although I want to keep holding her, I hand Piper over to Ezra, who looks absolutely thrilled to see his daughter again. After we're both satisfied with the amount of cuddles from the still-sleepy Piper, we carry her downstairs into the living room. Spencer and Emily are both awake now, although Hanna still sleeps soundly.

"Look who's awake." Emily smiles, looking at Piper "Mommy and Daddy just couldn't wait to see you, huh?"

"Not even a single second more." I say "I missed her so much."

"I think she missed you too." Emily laughs "Always seemed like she was just waiting for you guys to walk into the room or something."

"The honeymoon was amazing, but I'm glad to be back." I admit "Back with all my people." I look around at everyone, Ezra beside me holding Piper, Emily and Spencer, Hanna out cold on the couch. I really, really love these people, my family.