Little Peanut

The Next Morning
*Aria's Pov*

"Babe, what do you want for breakfast?" Ezra asks, opening the fridge. I stand up and join him, looking inside. I notice the jar of pickles that was opened last night, half of which are already gone. I enjoyed every single one, if you're wondering.

"Please don't say pickles," Ezra begs, noticing me eyeing the jar.

"Don't worry," I laugh "I don't want pickles right now. But do you wanna know what does sound nice?"

"What?" Ezra asks.

"Eggs." I reply.

"Alright, a hot plate of eggs coming right up!" Ezra says loudly "And to go along with it?"

"Nothing," I declare "Just eggs."

"Okay," Ezra says "Eggs with a side of eggs. You got it." I laugh, hugging him from behind as he turns around to get a frying pan.

"Thank you." I say into his back, inhaling his scent. He turns around and wraps his arms around me, kissing the top of my head.

"Anything for the two of you." Ezra says as he places his hands on my bump. I smile as he crouches down so his face is level with my stomach. He kisses just above my belly button, sending shivers through my entire body.

"Alright little one," Ezra says to my stomach "Your breakfast is coming soon." I grin, loving the cuteness of my little family. Ezra stands up and goes to the fridge, then takes out the carton of eggs.

"Fried or scrambled?" He asks, holding the carton up.

"Scrambled." I reply eagerly.

Ezra nods "Do you want anything in it? Peppers, onions, spinach-"

"Oooh spinach!" I cut him off.

"Okay." Ezra laughs, grabbing the spinach from the fridge.

As Ezra cooks the eggs, I fold and put away the clean laundry. I hear the pan sizzling, the noise and smell instantly making me hungry. Before I know it, the eggs are plated with a glass of apple juice on the side.

"Thanks babe." I say to him, stabbing a piece of egg with my fork.

"It's my pleasure," Ezra says "And if you don't want the apple juice, I can get you some pickle juice from the jar." He winks.

"Okay, that's gross. I don't like pickles that much." I scoff.

"Well you love pickles, what's wrong with the juice they soak in?" Ezra grins.

"Everything. But if you want to give it a try, the jar's in the fridge." We both laugh, followed by Ezra pretending to gag.

After we finish our breakfast, Ezra and I sit down at the couch and begin to decide what we're going to do today.

"Do you want to go somewhere, or just relax at home?" Ezra asks.

I shrug "I'm okay with either."

"Would you be up for a walk?" He asks. I nod, looking at the blue sky through the window.

"Ezra?" I ask, remembering something I want to talk to him about.

"Yeah?" He replies, waiting for me to talk.

"I think I'm going to look into getting a job. Nothing fancy, just to help with money. It'll only be until the baby is born." I say.

"Aria, that isn't necessary. We're doing just fine." Ezra reassures me.

"Yeah, for now. But what happens when the baby comes? It's a lot of extra money, and I'm not about to let you pay for everything. Besides, it's not just your responsibility to buy groceries and pay for gas. If I'm living here, I need to contribute my part." I say.

"You, my love, do not need to contribute to anything of that sort. I know we're going to need a little extra cash, but I can easily arrange to teach more classes at Hollis." Ezra replies.

"But Ezra," I say "Think about it this way. In September when you go back to work, I'll have nothing to do. I might as well spend some of my time working. Extra money isn't going to hurt anything."

"You'll also be close to entering your third trimester when I go back to work. I won't let you spend the last few months of your pregnancy working. That's when you're supposed to stop." Ezra says. I sigh, feeling like I'm getting nowhere with this.

"Ezra, I'm not going to live here without paying for anything. That's not fair for you at all." I tell him.

"It's my job to support you and our child, and I'm going to do it." Ezra says firmly.

"Not without my help. I absolutely refuse to let you pay for it all." I demand. Ezra stares at me with something not unlike sadness in his eyes. I'm not going to give in to his puppy dog eyes, no matter how adorable it's making him look.

"Aria please," Ezra begs "Please. You don't need to get a job."

I study his soft expression, considering giving in. 'No' I think to myself 'Don't even consider it'.

"I'm sorry Ezra," I say quietly "But you can't stop me from helping support us." Ezra stares blankly at me for a few moments, before wrapping me in an embrace.

"Part time only. Nothing serious." He says quietly. I nod into his chest. When we pull apart, I notice the uneasy look on his face.

"I'm only doing it for this little peanut." I say as I put my hands on my bump.

"I know." Ezra replies "But I promise you that this little baby will have an amazing life. Everything I do will be for you and our little one." He puts his hands over top of mine on my bump.

"I love you." I say to Ezra.

I can't help but notice the familiar look of passion in his eyes as he says "I love you too."