She's Gone

*Ezra's Pov*

I sit down on the couch, just having finished putting away the groceries that I just got. I look at my phone and notice that I have an unopened text message. It's from Hanna:

'Hi Ezra, do you know when Aria's going to get here? She said she was on her way almost an hour and a half ago, but she still isn't at my house. She won't answer her phone either.'

What? That makes absolutely no sense. I dropped Aria off at Hanna's house a while ago. Maybe they're trying to prank me. I decide to go along with it.

'I dropped her off an hour and a half ago. Are you sure she's not there?" I hit send. Hanna replies almost immediately.

'Yes I'm sure she's not here, I think I would know if she was at my house. I'm starting to get worried.' The text says. I frown, wondering if this is a prank or not. I decide to call Hanna, knowing that it'll be easier to tell if she's lying if I can hear her voice.

"Hello?" Hanna says, picking up on the second ring.

"If you're pranking me, it's not funny." I say.

"Ezra I'm not pranking you! I seriously have no clue where Aria is!" She says loudly. Hanna sounds pretty serious, but she's also good at lying.

"Hanna, if this is your stupid idea of a prank-" I get cut off.

"I'm not fucking pranking you Ezra!" Hanna screams through the phone. I pull it away from my head and wince, my ear ringing for a second. But what Hanna just said distracts me from the ringing. If Aria really isn't at Hanna's, then where is she?

"I dropped her off at your house Hanna," I say "She got out and walked up your driveway. I-I didn't actually see her go inside, but she was at your house. She was at your front door." The phone stays quiet for a moment, before Hanna answers with a shaky voice.

"Do you think that maybe-" I cut her off before she can say anything else.

"No Hanna, don't you dare say it!" I yell into the phone.

"Do you think I want to believe that A has something to do with this?!" Hanna yells back "I only brought it up because it's a possibility, and pretending that it's not won't help anything!" I realize she's right, but decide to yell back anyway.

"I know it's a possibility, but I'm not going to jump to that drastic of a conclusion!" I yell loudly.

"I don't want to either Ezra! But I don't know what else could've happened to her! Unless she decided to go somewhere else instead of my house and just didn't tell anyone!" Hanna screams. I go to yell back, but then realize that Hanna may be right. But where would Aria go that she didn't want anyone knowing about? I open my mouth to say something, well yell something, but then decide against it. Is arguing with Hanna really going to help the situation?

"I don't know where Aria is, but I know she's not sneaking around somewhere." I say calmly. I don't know if Hanna's taken aback by my lack of yelling or from what I just said, but it takes her a few seconds to answer.

"Then does that mean A did something to Aria?" Hanna asks quietly. I shudder just thinking about it, but realize it can't be true. No. I just don't want it to be true.

"What if something bad happened to Aria?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"Maybe we should call the police?" Hanna suggests, sounding scared.